Anonbabe2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Had living difficulties due to covid and unfortunately graduated second year with a 3rd (49%) I really want a 2:1 or first. My first yesr I graduated with a high 2:1. just due to a terrible year. Has anyone ever had a 3rd and then graduated to a 1st before ? Or know anyone that has ?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonbabe2)
Had living difficulties due to covid and unfortunately graduated second year with a 3rd (49%) I really want a 2:1 or first. My first yesr I graduated with a high 2:1. just due to a terrible year. Has anyone ever had a 3rd and then graduated to a 1st before ? Or know anyone that has ?
Hi! Anonbabe2

I'm sorry to hear this I've personally not heard of this, but it may be possible. I would check your university policy surrounding this. Some universities may only count your 3rd-year grades or combine your second and third year by discounting your worst modules from each year, instead of doing 50/50 for calculating your final grade. so I would ask about this. However, I do know a few people that retook their second year, as this worked better for them.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
need to know the weighting between years 2 and 3.

40% weighting on year 2 results and 60% weighting on year 3 results means you will need to get 67% on average across all year 3 modules
30% weighting on year 2 and 70% on year 3 results means you will need to get 64% on average across all year 3 modules
Anonbabe2
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)

40% weighting on year 2 results and 60% weighting on year 3 results means you will need to get 67% on average across all year 3 modules
30% weighting on year 2 and 70% on year 3 results means you will need to get 64% on average across all year 3 modules
I got 49% with 2nd year weighing 33%
Anonbabe2
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)

(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! Anonbabe2

I'm sorry to hear this I've personally not heard of this, but it may be possible. I would check your university policy surrounding this. Some universities may only count your 3rd-year grades or combine your second and third year by discounting your worst modules from each year, instead of doing 50/50 for calculating your final grade. so I would ask about this. However, I do know a few people that retook their second year, as this worked better for them.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
I will ask about the policies you’ve suggested. Thank you a lot for that Chloe xx! Other than that I’m just gonna work my ass off
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonbabe2)
I got 49% with 2nd year weighing 33%
Then you will need an average of 81.6% in third year to pull it up to a first. And an average of 66.4% in third year to pull it up to a 2:1 barring any additional caveats.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (41)
89.13%
No (5)
10.87%

Watched Threads