mmchamp007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I am a little confused. I am uncertain which unis to pick for ucas.
My ucat is 2620 with sjt band 2. I got 5 a stars in igcse and 2 a's. I got 3 A's in As level and my predicted grade is three Astars for A levels. Please help me out.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mmchamp007)
My ucat is 2620 with sjt band 2. I got 5 a stars in igcse and 2 a's. I got 3 A's in As level and my predicted grade is three Astars for A levels. Please help me out.
Search medify medicine entry requirements and it’ll tell you where to apply with your score, I reccomend staying away from Edinburgh and the more prestigious unis as you may not get an offer due to your UCAT score
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mmchamp007)
There is a specific thread made for these questions.

Read the first post, and then post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578

(Original post by ashvinsingh)
Search medify medicine entry requirements and it’ll tell you where to apply with your score, I reccomend staying away from Edinburgh and the more prestigious unis as you may not get an offer due to your UCAT score
Russell Group, rankings and prestige means nothing for clinical medicine.

And just because a university is perceived to be more "prestigious" doesn't automatically mean their UCAT requirements are more strict!
ashvinsingh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
There is a specific thread made for these questions.

Read the first post, and then post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578

Russell Group, rankings and prestige means nothing for clinical medicine.

And just because a university is perceived to be more "prestigious" doesn't automatically mean their UCAT requirements are more strict!
You’re completely right, my bad I didn’t word it right, I mean use the medify search to find which universities have a ucat cut off point below your score. By prestigious universities I mean universities with high Ucat cut offs
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
You’re completely right, my bad I didn’t word it right, I mean use the medify search to find which universities have a ucat cut off point below your score. By prestigious universities I mean universities with high Ucat cut offs
Haha fine I'll let you off, but remember that all med schools have different ways of evaluating, and their perceived "prestige" means nothing when it comes to their selection criteria.

e.g. Cambridge has no GCSE requirements, officially and as do Newcastle. Yet the latter is very UCAT heavy so it's prestigious I suppose.

Bristol is also quite UCAT heavy... and Liverpool was GCSE-heavy last year and more UCAT heavy this year - so they must have become more prestigious :lol:
Last edited by ecolier; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads