sunny_01
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I live in northern ireland and will have ILR after the start of my course. I am aware that my fee status will not change but I was wondering if i could get maintenance loans for the subsequent years after I get ILR.
thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
Hi
I live in northern ireland and will have ILR after the start of my course. I am aware that my fee status will not change but I was wondering if i could get maintenance loans for the subsequent years after I get ILR.
thanks
Hi there, are you applying to Student Finance Northern Ireland? Or are you looking to discuss eligibility for Student Finance England?

Thanks, Isaac
sunny_01
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, are you applying to Student Finance Northern Ireland? Or are you looking to discuss eligibility for Student Finance England?

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac
I’m not sure yet I’ve applied to universities in England and Northern Ireland.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isaac
I’m not sure yet I’ve applied to universities in England and Northern Ireland.
In order to determine your eligibility to apply to Student Finance England, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
sunny_01
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
In order to determine your eligibility to apply to Student Finance England, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
1. KCL A100 medicine
2. I'm 20
3. Iraqi, limited leave to remain (tier 2 child dependent), 3 years in UK
4. BSc neuroscience, a levels
basically in 2 years we'll be eligible for ILR, and if we do get it, Ill be in second year. so im just wondering if i would be eligible for a maintenance loan starting from second year.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
1. KCL A100 medicine
2. I'm 20
3. Iraqi, limited leave to remain (tier 2 child dependent), 3 years in UK
4. BSc neuroscience, a levels
basically in 2 years we'll be eligible for ILR, and if we do get it, Ill be in second year. so im just wondering if i would be eligible for a maintenance loan starting from second year.
You are ineligible for funding unless you meet the below criteria:

SFE Home Student funding will be available to non-UK national family members of UK nationals from AY 2021/22. The following criteria must be met;

The UK national and the family member must have been resident in the EEA or Switzerland on/before 31st December 2020
The UK national and the family member must have been ordinarily resident in the UK, Gibraltar, EEA and Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first AY of the course
If the student and the UK national were not living in the EEA/Switzerland on 31st December 2020, and had returned to the UK by that date, they must have returned to the UK from the EEA/Switzerland on or after 1st January 2018 (e.g. if they returned from France in May 2017, they would not be eligible under this category)

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads