The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Postgrad Accommodation Cambridge

Hi Guys,

I am starting my MPhil in January and would like to stay in college accommodation.

Ideally I would be located near or ideally in the college in a community of other postgrad students, perhaps with a nice MCR bar. I had looked into the Corpus Christi site in Leckhamption which looked ideal, however sadly they wont accept students starting in January.

Does anyone know of any other similar colleges/sites for postgrads?

I have gone through a number of college websites and made some calls, but they often don't have much information about postgrad accom.

Cheers all.
Original post by sinistaminister
Hi Guys,

I am starting my MPhil in January and would like to stay in college accommodation.

Ideally I would be located near or ideally in the college in a community of other postgrad students, perhaps with a nice MCR bar. I had looked into the Corpus Christi site in Leckhamption which looked ideal, however sadly they wont accept students starting in January.

I have gone through a number of college websites and made some calls, but they often don't have much information about postgrad accom.

Cheers all.

Hi, have you been made an offer or have you yet to apply? If you have an offer, which college are you with?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi Guys,

Cheers all.

You can only live in your own Colleges accommodation (with a few rare exceptions). It's highly unlikely your College will have spare accommodation available for a January start, but you can ask them.
Original post by threeportdrift
You can only live in your own Colleges accommodation (with a few rare exceptions). It's highly unlikely your College will have spare accommodation available for a January start, but you can ask them.

I emailed 5 and 3 of them had Jan accommodation available so shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as you check in advance.
I emailed 5 and 3 of them had Jan accommodation available so shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as you check in advance.

Did they understand you were a student looking for long term accommodation, not someone looking for short term B&B type accommodation?
Original post by threeportdrift

I appreciate all that you do but a number of colleges are prepared to rent rooms to students from other colleges - this is far preferable to having empty rooms. Quite a number of our new postgraduate students are living in other colleges' accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest