sinistaminister
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi Guys,

I am starting my MPhil in January and would like to stay in college accommodation.

Ideally I would be located near or ideally in the college in a community of other postgrad students, perhaps with a nice MCR bar. I had looked into the Corpus Christi site in Leckhamption which looked ideal, however sadly they wont accept students starting in January.

Does anyone know of any other similar colleges/sites for postgrads?

I have gone through a number of college websites and made some calls, but they often don't have much information about postgrad accom.

Cheers all.
St Edmund's Admission
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by sinistaminister)
Hi Guys,

I am starting my MPhil in January and would like to stay in college accommodation.

Ideally I would be located near or ideally in the college in a community of other postgrad students, perhaps with a nice MCR bar. I had looked into the Corpus Christi site in Leckhamption which looked ideal, however sadly they wont accept students starting in January.

I have gone through a number of college websites and made some calls, but they often don't have much information about postgrad accom.

Cheers all.
Hi, have you been made an offer or have you yet to apply? If you have an offer, which college are you with?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi Guys,

Cheers all.
You can only live in your own Colleges accommodation (with a few rare exceptions). It's highly unlikely your College will have spare accommodation available for a January start, but you can ask them.
sinistaminister
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
You can only live in your own Colleges accommodation (with a few rare exceptions). It's highly unlikely your College will have spare accommodation available for a January start, but you can ask them.
I emailed 5 and 3 of them had Jan accommodation available so shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as you check in advance.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I emailed 5 and 3 of them had Jan accommodation available so shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as you check in advance.
Did they understand you were a student looking for long term accommodation, not someone looking for short term B&B type accommodation?
St Edmund's Admission
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
I appreciate all that you do but a number of colleges are prepared to rent rooms to students from other colleges - this is far preferable to having empty rooms. Quite a number of our new postgraduate students are living in other colleges' accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (118)
58.13%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
10.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (25)
12.32%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
7.88%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.42%

Watched Threads