SF2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I really want to study at psychology and have done for the past few months however the subjects I do are Media, English Literature and Philosophy and an EPQ which is philosophy based. I wish I took subjects which will support psychology however I was unsure at the time. I am expected BBB. Have you got any tips on how to get accepted at uni for a psychology degree or is there no chance. Thank you
sototo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SF2)
Hello, I really want to study at psychology and have done for the past few months however the subjects I do are Media, English Literature and Philosophy and an EPQ which is philosophy based. I wish I took subjects which will support psychology however I was unsure at the time. I am expected BBB. Have you got any tips on how to get accepted at uni for a psychology degree or is there no chance. Thank you
There are universities that don’t need psychology! (suffolk, sussex and chester are just a couple of examples off the top of my head). If I were you I’d try and spend some time looking for some psychology based work experience and reading a lot of books on psychology (supercurriculars!) so then you can add them to your personal statement to show your passion and willingness to learn about the subject. Media and English Literature links to psychology through the techniques used to engage and provoke thought in audiences and readers and i’m sure there’s ways u can say philosophy links to psychology. Read around the subject and get work experience and then you can apply to universities that don’t require psychology a level.
sototo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SF2)
Others universities that don’t need psychology or a science a level:
leeds trinity
glyndwr university, wrexham
University of Kent
Edge Hill University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth Marjon University
University of Wolverhampton
University of Bolton
Nottingham Trent University
Keele University
University of Huddersfield
University of Hull
Anglia Ruskin University
The University of Cumbria
University of Leicester
University of Portsmouth
Abertay University
(and more !)
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SF2)
Hi SF2

It is great you are considering studying Psychology, as previously noted the University of Hull doesn't require Psychology at A Level (https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ology-bsc-hons). You could start researching the different courses, seeing what sample modules they are offering and see if any particular fields excite you more, this will give you a good knowledge of the subject's scope. Another good way to get a feel of individual courses is to use the ask a student schemes most places have. Unfortunately, the students on our scheme have now graduated, but I am sure we will have new ambassadors soon, now that the new academic year is underway.

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
56.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.81%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.48%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.63%

Watched Threads