Report Thread starter 1 week ago
__
Last edited by paroh66331; 1 week ago
Cs115
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What kind of question is this hahaha. YES of course you have chance if you get 4A*s predicted
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paroh66331)
I got 9 9s at gcse, take alevels bio chem maths physics and epq, go to a state school (they only offered 9 gcses does this give me a disadvantage?) and I have done some work experience and volunteering. Do I have a chance at getting into Oxford medicine?
Yep - on the limited information you've provided here, and if you're on track for A*s in your A levels. You have as much of a chance as any other serious contender for a place.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on your BMAT score as Oxford uses a 50/50 BMAT/GCSE weighing but you definitely have a chance there! Make sure that your referee mentions that you cannot take more than 9 GCSE's at your school. There's an oxford medicine applicant thread here but I can't find it rn
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As above, it will mainly be dependent on the BMAT. Make sure as noted that your referee states in your reference that 9 is the maximum GCSEs your school offers - the average number of A*s at GCSE for Oxford is I believe higher, but if your school makes it clear they are unable to offer more they should hopefully not prejudice your application as a result of that. Since you have 100% proportion of A*s at GCSE and provided you are predicted at least the standard offer for the course, it will really come down to the BMAT.

Note that only 4 A-levels are required or expected, and taking extra A-levels won't confer any advantage (especially at Oxford, where they aren't even scored pre-interview and post interview the interview itself is probably the dominant factor). I'd suggest dropping one of maths or physics (depending on which you think you can do best in).
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paroh66331)
I got 9 9s at gcse, take alevels bio chem maths physics and epq, go to a state school (they only offered 9 gcses does this give me a disadvantage?) and I have done some work experience and volunteering. Do I have a chance at getting into Oxford medicine?
Please post in the dedicated Oxford A100 2022 entry thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6910626

For future reference, there is a thread for each UK med school and their course here is the index: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6962492
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads