The Student Room Group

A level situation

So
I’m only doing 2 a levels due to my chronic pain.. I got diagnosed at start of year 12 and school didn’t want to make my pain worse as I might of needed an operation…
Turns out.. I’m kinda failing my a levels. I’m so close to getting a C I know what to improve on
I really want to do French at uni
I’m doing an EPQ
If I was to do a foundation year. Is it still possible for me to even get to uni. Or am i totally screwed. It’s upsetting me so much

(Hope this is the correct forum)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by basicallyahm1
So
I’m only doing 2 a levels due to my chronic pain.. I got diagnosed at start of year 12 and school didn’t want to make my pain worse as I might of needed an operation…
Turns out.. I’m kinda failing my a levels. I’m so close to getting a C I know what to improve on
I really want to do French at uni
I’m doing an EPQ
If I was to do a foundation year. Is it still possible for me to even get to uni. Or am i totally screwed. It’s upsetting me so much

(Hope this is the correct forum)

You’re not screwed don’t worry, I suggest talking to your careers advisor as foundation years for grades CCC or BB do exist, and you will get some kind of widening access consideration.
I’m only doing 2 a levels so I can’t get any entry requirements
I’m only doing 2 a levels so I can’t get any entry requirements

A few universities accept students with 2 A levels. Have a look at points based universities rater than grades.
The UCAS?
The UCAS?

Yes ucas points. For example if you achieved BB you would get 80 points and a few universities will accept that especially through clearing. You will need to do full research on this/ It will be low ranking universities. Another route would be to delay going to university for a year and fast track another A level. Ask around to see whether universities will accept you on a foundation year and whether they accept CC or BB.
And if I got a C say in my EPQ? That wouldn’t go towards would it
And if I got a C say in my EPQ? That wouldn’t go towards would it

EPQ goes towards it in some cases such as with some unis, an offer of AAB would go to ABB with an EPQ, do you have a careers advisor at school?
Ohh right
(edited 2 years ago)
I do have a careers advisor
I think I’m booked in to see her
A Levels; A* : 56 points : A: 48 points: B: 40 points: C: 32 points : D: 24 points: E: 16 points

European Studies with French (including foundation year) - 72 UCAS points - https://www.essex.ac.uk/courses/ug00154/2/ba-european-studies-with-french
Languages wth Tourism (French) - 64 UCAS points - https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/languages/ba-honours-languages-with-tourism-french-with-foundation-year/full-time
Languages with Foundation - 72/80 UCAS points - https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/ba-languages-degrees-with-a-foundation-year-stream-a-linguistics-and-language-combinations-with-english
Thank you for those. I really want to study just pure french or even other languages
Not English. I can barely speak it properly😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending