Is It normal to receive an offer 4 days after submitting your UCAS?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I already received an offer for chemical engineering (my 5th medicine choice) even tho my application got sent on Saturday. Is this normal coz 4 days seems very unusual but ofc im happy?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
It depends on how busy the application department is. This depends on how good the uni is, how good the department is, and how early the application is. So yeah it’s very normal. It’s a very very weird 5th choice though, no route to medicine from there if you don’t get in.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes it’s normal. Some people receive offers within 24 hours.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
It depends on how busy the application department is. This depends on how good the uni is, how good the department is, and how early the application is. So yeah it’s very normal. It’s a very very weird 5th choice though, no route to medicine from there if you don’t get in.
Oh my bad I should've said queen Mary. Thank you for your reply! Yeah I was probably overthinking it. So If I don't get into medicine, I personally don't want to go into a postgraduate route for medicine coz its not worth the time and Money lost a mon Avis
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Yes it’s normal. Some people receive offers within 24 hours.
Thats fine I was probably just overthinking it thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Oh my bad I should've said queen Mary. Thank you for your reply! Yeah I was probably overthinking it. So If I don't get into medicine, I personally don't want to go into a postgraduate route for medicine coz its not worth the time and Money lost a mon Avis
Ah. Yeah don’t go there it’s awful, they offer to most people and accept almost anyone through clearing. I went there for a year and dropped out its so awful, especially in biology/chemistry. If I were you I’d either do a gap year and reapply to medicine or turn down the offer and go through clearing somewhere better for chemical engineering if you don’t get into medicine. QMUL can’t even set up a basic tutorial session or post proper guidance for assessed assignments.
_kale!_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah. Yeah don’t go there it’s awful, they offer to most people and accept almost anyone through clearing. I went there for a year and dropped out its so awful, especially in biology/chemistry. If I were you I’d either do a gap year and reapply to medicine or turn down the offer and go through clearing somewhere better for chemical engineering if you don’t get into medicine. QMUL can’t even set up a basic tutorial session or post proper guidance for assessed assignments.
Who hurt you lmao
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _kale!_)
Who hurt you lmao
QMUL. didn’t you read my post?
_kale!_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
QMUL. didn’t you read my post?
lol touché

just thought it was kinda odd to rain on OP's parade
Last edited by _kale!_; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (173)
55.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.24%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (27)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.53%

Watched Threads