The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is It normal to receive an offer 4 days after submitting your UCAS?

So I already received an offer for chemical engineering (my 5th medicine choice) even tho my application got sent on Saturday. Is this normal coz 4 days seems very unusual but ofc im happy?
It depends on how busy the application department is. This depends on how good the uni is, how good the department is, and how early the application is. So yeah it’s very normal. It’s a very very weird 5th choice though, no route to medicine from there if you don’t get in.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Yes it’s normal. Some people receive offers within 24 hours.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It depends on how busy the application department is. This depends on how good the uni is, how good the department is, and how early the application is. So yeah it’s very normal. It’s a very very weird 5th choice though, no route to medicine from there if you don’t get in.

Oh my bad I should've said queen Mary. Thank you for your reply! Yeah I was probably overthinking it. So If I don't get into medicine, I personally don't want to go into a postgraduate route for medicine coz its not worth the time and Money lost a mon Avis
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes it’s normal. Some people receive offers within 24 hours.

Thats fine I was probably just overthinking it thanks!
Oh my bad I should've said queen Mary. Thank you for your reply! Yeah I was probably overthinking it. So If I don't get into medicine, I personally don't want to go into a postgraduate route for medicine coz its not worth the time and Money lost a mon Avis

Ah. Yeah don’t go there it’s awful, they offer to most people and accept almost anyone through clearing. I went there for a year and dropped out its so awful, especially in biology/chemistry. If I were you I’d either do a gap year and reapply to medicine or turn down the offer and go through clearing somewhere better for chemical engineering if you don’t get into medicine. QMUL can’t even set up a basic tutorial session or post proper guidance for assessed assignments.
Reply 6
Ah. Yeah don’t go there it’s awful, they offer to most people and accept almost anyone through clearing. I went there for a year and dropped out its so awful, especially in biology/chemistry. If I were you I’d either do a gap year and reapply to medicine or turn down the offer and go through clearing somewhere better for chemical engineering if you don’t get into medicine. QMUL can’t even set up a basic tutorial session or post proper guidance for assessed assignments.

Who hurt you lmao
Original post by _kale!_
Who hurt you lmao

QMUL. didn’t you read my post?
Reply 8
QMUL. didn’t you read my post?

lol touché

just thought it was kinda odd to rain on OP's parade
(edited 2 years ago)
okay

Quick Reply