Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Really depressed at the moment. My gf is at a University 3/4 hours away from mine.

I miss her terribly and love her so much but her experience so far has been completely different to mine.

She’s adapted, made loads of friends, goes partying. I’m miserable, have no friends and am surrounded by ppl I have nothing in common with in a boring city.

We’d only been to uni two weeks and I’ve already travelled to stay at her uni for the weekend.

I feel like the relationship dynamic has now changed. All I can think about is how much I want to be with her, is this normal?

She says she loves and misses me the same but she seems so happy.

Are we doomed?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What?

So you expect her to be sad and miserable because of you? Let her live life a little man, you should be happy that she’s happy. It’s only right you do the same thing; join a society or something.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your relationship isn't doomed - if you handle it correctly. Don't fixate on how much you miss her and don't overwhelm her with constant reminders or begging to spend time together. Take the time to focus on making your own happiness. Make the effort to talk to people, join societies, join the gym, indulge in new creative hobbies, etc. Relationships are healthy and successful when both people are happy and fulfilled both inside and outside of the relationship.
Last edited by 1582; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads