Relationship advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Me (17 M) and my gf ( 16 F) have been together for 2 and a half years, it was all good the first year but during the end of the second I noticed she would never put any effort in, we would hardly talk, she never had time for me, wanted to meet less often, and so on, we are now broken up, it’s been a few months and starting to get over her, she has rarely checked up on me or anything, she says she “wants to try again in the future” once she’s over a couple stuff that’s happened over a year ago (I answered a girl) lol tell me about it, anyway should I just forget about her and cut off her? Idk what she’s playing at sending me mixed signals, a week ago she thought I said let’s cut each other off and even though I never, she wasn’t even bothered and said ok, I loved her so much I would’ve done anything for her, she “loved me too” we’ve been through a lot, especially me, but I tried so hard to keep us together, please deep this, I cut off my female friends for her, I was loyal, always gave her attention, was so kind and sweet, took her out, and now this is where we are like wtf did I even do wrong, someone tell me what to do please

Ps, imo, she has a clean pure heart and is so sweet, at least to me and as far as I know, but she’s only like this in real life, I don’t wanna lose a good girl, idk if she’s good anymore tbh after all she gave up on us lol
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It sounds like you guys are better off apart. There's something about the interaction between you that stops it from being a happy relationship and a relationship that she can fully engage in. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you and it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.

The fact that you cut your female friends off for her is particularly worrying - that that is something she wanted you to do or at least did not stop you from doing. Life will go on and continue to be rich and full, and you'll find yourself happy again before too long. You're a free man.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
It sounds like you guys are better off apart. There's something about the interaction between you that stops it from being a happy relationship and a relationship that she can fully engage in. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you and it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.

The fact that you cut your female friends off for her is particularly worrying - that that is something she wanted you to do or at least did not stop you from doing. Life will go on and continue to be rich and full, and you'll find yourself happy again before too long. You're a free man.
When we meet the chemistry and vibe is AMAZING though, and we’re both so happy, and tbh they weren’t close friends just associates really who I mainly spoke to online, she didn’t make me cut them off
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me (17 M) and my gf ( 16 F) have been together for 2 and a half years, it was all good the first year but during the end of the second I noticed she would never put any effort in, we would hardly talk, she never had time for me, wanted to meet less often, and so on, we are now broken up, it’s been a few months and starting to get over her, she has rarely checked up on me or anything, she says she “wants to try again in the future” once she’s over a couple stuff that’s happened over a year ago (I answered a girl) lol tell me about it, anyway should I just forget about her and cut off her? Idk what she’s playing at sending me mixed signals, a week ago she thought I said let’s cut each other off and even though I never, she wasn’t even bothered and said ok, I loved her so much I would’ve done anything for her, she “loved me too” we’ve been through a lot, especially me, but I tried so hard to keep us together, please deep this, I cut off my female friends for her, I was loyal, always gave her attention, was so kind and sweet, took her out, and now this is where we are like wtf did I even do wrong, someone tell me what to do please

Ps, imo, she has a clean pure heart and is so sweet, at least to me and as far as I know, but she’s only like this in real life, I don’t wanna lose a good girl, idk if she’s good anymore tbh after all she gave up on us lol
Bump
goneclear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Maybe communicate with them properly idk
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
cut her off. effort should be from 2 sides not by one fir people we love you would do anything. if she is making u cut off girls who are friends, if u knew them first and she made u cut them off that is wrong. if you broke up once you probably will again. it's like watching a film but hoping for a different ending.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads