Should I take 4 a levels or is that too much workload?

Watch
Isara Lockwood
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I am taking 11 GCSEs (English literature and language, maths, further maths, biology, physics, chemistry, geography, latin, computer science and german) and don’t know what to take for a levels. I want to do maths at uni and maybe go into accounting/civil service. I’m thinking of taking maths, further maths, latin and geography but will this be too difficult?
jackski!!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If you are a maths 'guru' then taking 4 A levels with that combination will not be too much work. Firstly Geography is objectively not a very challenging A level and so you will not be spending very much time trying to 'wrap your head around concepts'. Secondly, you are already doing 11 GCSE's which in itself has a high workload, and so you will no doubt be prepared for high volumes. And finally, doing double maths as part of you 4 A levels will often seem like you are doing 1 and a half subjects. This is because usually further mathematicians find A-level maths relatively easy, particularly given that they will be practicing maths much more regularly, with more lessons. Remember, in the event that you do find it too tricky, you can always drop a subject, however, it would be much harder to pick up FM mid-way through the term. Go for it, its not too difficult!
abi786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Isara Lockwood)
I am taking 11 GCSEs (English literature and language, maths, further maths, biology, physics, chemistry, geography, latin, computer science and german) and don’t know what to take for a levels. I want to do maths at uni and maybe go into accounting/civil service. I’m thinking of taking maths, further maths, latin and geography but will this be too difficult?
are you currently doing your gcse's? if so, I think it is best to just focus on them now and see from there. its great that you're thinking ahead and if you feel confident in your abilities I don't see why not. Word of advice though, I would say to make sure that you properly reaseach the a levels you want to take and if you know what college you want to go to, see which exam boards they are doing (they can change.) I personally did not expect to have as much maths as there is in chemistry and only realised when I took it that it was heavy with maths content.
Hope this helps and good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
56.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.81%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.48%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.63%

Watched Threads