Miss emuiy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’m wondering if I could get into a level chemistry because I want to be a pharmacist but I don’t have the gcse grades for it. However, I am taking sixth form courses at the moment including, applied science, health and social and English a level language. So I’m wondering if they’d help me with going to do a level chemistry in college after sixth form…please help me!!!!
snickers_adam
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Miss emuiy)
I’m wondering if I could get into a level chemistry because I want to be a pharmacist but I don’t have the gcse grades for it. However, I am taking sixth form courses at the moment including, applied science, health and social and English a level language. So I’m wondering if they’d help me with going to do a level chemistry in college after sixth form…please help me!!!!
If you are doing an applied science BTech at sixth form now, you don't actually need to do a chemistry A-level to study pharmacy at university. If ur not, u don't have to do a Chem A-level but instead do a year-long access course into a pharmacy course that will give you the qualification you need. To be honest, you only really need a Chem A Level if you are trying to do medicine, dentistry or Veterinary medicine
amarinth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Miss emuiy)
Honestly my advice for you would be not to take it if you didn't get the grades. As someone who got a 9 and genuinely thought they were good at it, it's still hellish. People say it's the hardest A level and I don't think they're too far off. On the other hand if you're willing to put a ton of time and effort into it you might be alright, just a pre warning that it's really hard
snickers_adam
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by amarinth)
Honestly my advice for you would be not to take it if you didn't get the grades. As someone who got a 9 and genuinely thought they were good at it, it's still hellish. People say it's the hardest A level and I don't think they're too far off. On the other hand if you're willing to put a ton of time and effort into it you might be alright, just a pre warning that it's really hard
I have to agree that it is not for everyone and can be quite challenging but like I said, there are other routes
Miss emuiy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by snickers_adam)
I have to agree that it is not for everyone and can be quite challenging but like I said, there are other routes
I honestly don’t know what to choose tho because I find chemistry more interesting and easier than biology from what I’ve learnt so far in applied science…I honestly have no idea what to do cos I want to be in the medical field but I feel like I won’t be able to do stuff that is something I’d find good without having done a level chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (11)
10.28%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.54%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed