dolcie000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi, just got an offer of ABB for law at york!! my predicted grades are A*AA and it's a contextual offer lmk if anyone else has received offers and what course!!
_kale!_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck on your A-Levels, with an offer and predicted grades like those I think you'll do fantastic.

I also recently got an offer, for History and Politics . As an international student my "conditional offer" is that I send an official record of my already achieved exam grades, which is honestly really nice.
Last edited by _kale!_; 1 week ago
dolcie000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by _kale!_)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck on your A-Levels, with an offer and predicted grades like those I think you'll do fantastic.

I also recently got an offer, for History and Politics . As an international student my "conditional offer" is that I send an official record of my already achieved exam grades, which is honestly really nice.
thank you very much, congratulations to you too! you're basically in already then haha
what other unis are you applying to?
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by dolcie000)
hi, just got an offer of ABB for law at york!! my predicted grades are A*AA and it's a contextual offer lmk if anyone else has received offers and what course!!
dolcie000 _kale!_ That's amazing, congratulations to you two!! A reminder that our undergraduate offer holder Instagram page is now live!

Please dm us your UCAS number, full name and course in order to get access :nyan:
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
did you apply to the york access scheme?
dolcie000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Holamisamigos213)
did you apply to the york access scheme?
nope, i'm contextual due to my school, college and area
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
nope, i'm contextual due to my school, college and area
what are your other options if you dont mind me asking. i got the same predicted grades im just struggling with my final choice that being sheffield or york.
dolcie000
Rep:
?
what are your other options if you dont mind me asking. i got the same predicted grades im just struggling with my final choice that being sheffield or york.
my options for law are oxford, durham, bristol, york and exeter! i qualify as contextual for all of them (other than oxford who don't actually offer contextual) what are your choices and subject?
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
my options for law are oxford, durham, bristol, york and exeter! i qualify as contextual for all of them (other than oxford who don't actually offer contextual) what are your choices and subject?
im gonna do law also and i qualify for contextual for every uni but sheffield and of course oxford. my choices are oxford, notts, bristol, leeds, sheffield. i wanna put in york in there somewhere but idk what to replace.
Last edited by Holamisamigos213; 3 days ago
dolcie000
Rep:
?
im gonna do law also and i qualify for contextual for every uni but sheffield and of course oxford. my choices are oxford, notts, bristol, leeds, sheffield. i wanna put in york in there somewhere but idk what to replace.
i think possibly switch it for sheffield then if they don't give you contextual? but at the end of the day it's down to whichever you prefer
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i think possibly switch it for sheffield then if they don't give you contextual? but at the end of the day it's down to whichever you prefer
thats what i was thinking. anyway thanks for the advice.
username4746678
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by _kale!_)

I've got a contextual offer (AAC or AA Merit) for History and English.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 days ago
well done on your offer! I was just wondering how long York took to give you an offer?
succubus666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
when does york give out english offers
khu7575
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
hi sorry im dumb can someone tell me what a contextual offer means?
khu7575
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by succubus666)
when does york give out english offers
thats what i was thinking. anyway thanks for the advice.
Also which is the better choice? York or Sheffield? (for law)
Last edited by khu7575; 1 day ago
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by khu7575)
Also which is the better choice? York or Sheffield? (for law)
well not much difference with reputation its just about preference (distance, how you are taught etc). but i think if u look at league tables york is above.
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by khu7575)
hi sorry im dumb can someone tell me what a contextual offer means?
It's an offer that is lower than the standard one to widen participation on certain courses at certain universities. It's made if certain criteria are fulfilled and normally includes things like school attended, having being in care, having a dependent parent or coming from a family which has never sent someone to uni etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (27)
87.1%
No (4)
12.9%

Watched Threads