I'm almost 18 and weigh only 39kg

Watch
jumphoez927
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm a 17 year old female and weigh 39kg at 167cm tall. I am incredibly pale and I don't even fill an A-cup bra. My body image issues are horrible and its making me incredibly depressed. I heard that women's boobs stop growing at ages 16-18 and it makes me feel awful knowing I'm going to have small boobs for the rest of my life and have a child like body.

I am also suffering with a bad relationship with food. eating anything makes me feel sick and horrible about myself and my family making horrifying comments about my body makes me feel even worse and not wanting to eat. I feel disgusting and horrible.

does anyone have any advice on how to overcome this? if not just any words of encouragement to make me feel better?
TEARSlol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm soo sorry you feel like this.
it's horrible when the people closest to you are the ones contributing to your mental health issues.
I truly hope things get better.
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A BMI of 13.98? damn.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jumphoez927)
I'm a 17 year old female and weigh 39kg at 167cm tall. I am incredibly pale and I don't even fill an A-cup bra. My body image issues are horrible and its making me incredibly depressed. I heard that women's boobs stop growing at ages 16-18 and it makes me feel awful knowing I'm going to have small boobs for the rest of my life and have a child like body.

I am also suffering with a bad relationship with food. eating anything makes me feel sick and horrible about myself and my family making horrifying comments about my body makes me feel even worse and not wanting to eat. I feel disgusting and horrible.

does anyone have any advice on how to overcome this? if not just any words of encouragement to make me feel better?
you should visit your GP. and remember your body is amazing no matter what but its not healthy for your brain or health to not eat food. Defo see someone and try not to take stress because sometimes when we are stressing about a particular matter we end up making it worse. I hope things get better for you and keep going your an amazing person dont let anyone around you make you think otherwise xx
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Visit your GP.
Kamran07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 19 and male same as this issue with 57kg 172cm tall. Whenever it's meal time I feel like I'm full can't eat anything but I'm skinny everyone says why you are thin like this. But not boobs problem though.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kamran07)
I'm 19 and male same as this issue with 57kg 172cm tall. Whenever it's meal time I feel like I'm full can't eat anything but I'm skinny everyone says why you are thin like this. But not boobs problem though.
Your BMI is actually in the healthy range. But still you should be seeing your GP for loss of appetite.
YoungEmrys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I'm sorry you feel that way and that your family members are horrible about it. I think you should work on developing a healthy relationship with food, eat a balanced diet etc. You need to be in a calorie surplus in order to gain weight, which means you should be eating more calories than you burn. Just research calorie rich foods and try to incorporate them into your daily diet. If it's possible you should visit your GP and they may be able to help you out with a diet plan
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Try to eat a little extra than you normally do. E.g. 1 slice of bread is ur normal, so now try 1 and a half or 1 and 1/4, make sense?
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend is 18 and she weighs 36. She does weight gaining exercises
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 1 week ago
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
My friend is 18 and she weighs 36. She does weight gaining exercises
No such thing.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
No such thing.
Idk, she told me she does and I never questioned it lol since I don't plan on gaining weight
PPK3000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can gain weight by eating. Exercise will tone your body... if weightlifting you will 'gain' muscle.
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend you don't need to be disappointed you are still very young you will get that you want to look like ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (285)
57.69%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (68)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (53)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.5%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.05%

Watched Threads