Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
N/a
Last edited by KaciAnna; 1 week ago
louisecarter01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What year are you in? If you're in Year 11, then to be brutally honest these grades are poor. If you're in Year 9 or 10 though, there's still some room to improve. There is no way that you should be doing 5 A-Levels, this would be a challenge even for a student who had all Grade 9s at GCSE. I think you would be alright doing Geography, Sociology and Psychology A-Level but I would still try and improve in these subjects.

Check what your choice of sixth form require to get in to the course. My school required a 5 in all those selected subjects but also a 5 in Maths for Psych. If I were you, I wouldn't do Maths A-Level, even if a 2 is good for Set 8, you will struggle greatly at Maths A-Level. I would focus on trying to get a 4 in Maths and English Language (as this is a legal requirement) and then trying to get a 5/6 in Geography and Sociology.

(Original post by KaciAnna)
Hi I just received my mock results and I’m desperate to do well and do a levels do I have strong foundations

Maths 2- the teacher said this is good for set 8
Eng Lan 1- The teacher said that it’s promising
Eng Lit 1- she said I had a lot of good points
History U- I got 0 marks
Media U - I got 1/64
Physics 2- the teacher said I did well
Biology U - she said i showed some understanding
Chemistry 3- she said I could push for a 4/5
Geography 4- I did the best in the class and capable of a 5/6 my teacher said
Sociology 4- she said it was amazing
So do you think I will cope doing chemistry , geography , sociology, psychology ,EPQ and maths at a level. I’m pretty sure these grades are good enough can you guys please tell me if this is fine?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You are not allowed to do these subjects at A level with those grades.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KaciAnna)
Hi I just received my mock results and I’m desperate to do well and do a levels do I have strong foundations

Maths 2- the teacher said this is good for set 8
Eng Lan 1- The teacher said that it’s promising
Eng Lit 1- she said I had a lot of good points
History U- I got 0 marks
Media U - I got 1/64
Physics 2- the teacher said I did well
Biology U - she said i showed some understanding
Chemistry 3- she said I could push for a 4/5
Geography 4- I did the best in the class and capable of a 5/6 my teacher said
Sociology 4- she said it was amazing
So do you think I will cope doing chemistry , geography , sociology, psychology ,EPQ and maths at a level. I’m pretty sure these grades are good enough can you guys please tell me if this is fine?
If this is serious not only will you not be able to cope but you can't even do these a level subjects with these grades and you deffo wont be able to do 5 a levels and an EPQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (160)
84.66%
No (29)
15.34%

Watched Threads