Making friends at uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I'm a gay guy and a first year student. I want to make friends with straight guys but I haven't had a straight male friend before. Straight guys would you be interested in having a gay male friend? Or would the fact that the guy was gay put you off?
CorporalJin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some guys are put off by gay guys, not going to sugar coat it.
I think most are ok with it though. As long as you dont show sus behaviour around them if you know what I mean xD
Jatackbro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think your sexuality matters as long as you can make a good friendship and connection with them, if you wear a lot of makeup, heels it may put them off a little bit because they might think you're into them. If you keep it a bit concealed they might be a bit more open towards you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CorporalJin)
Some guys are put off by gay guys, not going to sugar coat it.
I think most are ok with it though. As long as you dont show sus behaviour around them if you know what I mean xD
yeah i wouldn't flirt with a straight guy or anything.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jatackbro)
I don't think your sexuality matters as long as you can make a good friendship and connection with them, if you wear a lot of makeup, heels it may put them off a little bit because they might think you're into them. If you keep it a bit concealed they might be a bit more open towards you
I don't wear makeup or heels. I dress like how straight guys do. A girl friend said to me that 'I don't sound gay' so I don't think that I look or sound stereotypically gay. I just think that the knowledge that I'm gay in itself would put off straight guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads