The Student Room Group

Uk law llb uni help (warwick+birmingham+nottingham+bristol+durham) :(

I have my application due the 15th (less than 2 days!!) and I still can't decide on my 5 unis.
here they are:
- cambridge
- KCL
- bristol or Warwick
- birmingham or Nottingham
- LSE or UCL

I rlly need help as I sadly never had a chance to visit these unis. I'm an international student, so which ones have the easiest transport links to large airports? Or a safe and vibrant city? also, accomodation

NOTE: FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST DIFFERENT UNIS
DO I APPLY TO DURHAM AHHHH

all I can base it off is YouTube and its so hard...im only fully decided on Kings
its confusing as ppl in my school immediately say "not Birmingham - worst city", whereas on the internet it's praised. opposite goes for Warwick (internet = "boring city gross campus", ppl = "its great!")
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

Okay I think a key think to take into account here is the LNAT (some Unis don't need it and I think it is a good idea to have at least one that doesn't require it). Have you done your LNAT and what are your predicted grades?

If I was you I would go for Cambridge, Kings and LSE (LSE is known for having a lot of international students and I've heard good things about the accommodation. The buildings are also really modern and cool, everyone that I know that goes there loves it (it is competitive though)).

For the other two I would judge it on how confident you feel in the LNAT:
- Bristol is brilliant (the campus and city is to die for - youtiber Eve Cornwell gives it a good overview) but it needs LNAT
- Nottingham is again beautiful (they have a big stately home right by the campus with a huge deer park etc.) but needs the LNAT
- Don't know much about Birmingham or Warwick - I personally dont like Birmingham but that's just a preference thing.

I hope my 2 am ramblings help you in some way!
Original post by heyheygirl
I have my application due the 15th (less than 2 days!!) and I still can't decide on my 5 unis.
here they are:
- cambridge
- KCL
- bristol or Warwick
- birmingham or Nottingham
- LSE or UCL

I rlly need help as I sadly never had a chance to visit these unis. I'm an international student, so which ones have the easiest transport links to large airports? Or a safe and vibrant city? also, accomodation

NOTE: FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST DIFFERENT UNIS
DO I APPLY TO DURHAM AHHHH

all I can base it off is YouTube and its so hard...im only fully decided on Kings
its confusing as ppl in my school immediately say "not Birmingham - worst city", whereas on the internet it's praised. opposite goes for Warwick (internet = "boring city gross campus", ppl = "its great!")

I can vouch for bristol that it’s a great place to study
Reply 3
Original post by charliecon2004
Hi,

Okay I think a key think to take into account here is the LNAT (some Unis don't need it and I think it is a good idea to have at least one that doesn't require it). Have you done your LNAT and what are your predicted grades?

If I was you I would go for Cambridge, Kings and LSE (LSE is known for having a lot of international students and I've heard good things about the accommodation. The buildings are also really modern and cool, everyone that I know that goes there loves it (it is competitive though)).

For the other two I would judge it on how confident you feel in the LNAT:
- Bristol is brilliant (the campus and city is to die for - youtiber Eve Cornwell gives it a good overview) but it needs LNAT
- Nottingham is again beautiful (they have a big stately home right by the campus with a huge deer park etc.) but needs the LNAT
- Don't know much about Birmingham or Warwick - I personally dont like Birmingham but that's just a preference thing.

I hope my 2 am ramblings help you in some way!

Hey! first off, yes ah your 2 am ramblings helped so much.
About the LNAT - I did it on the 11th (hopefully linked it successfully to my UCAS lol). think it went ok - not terrible but anything can always be better
My predicted grades are in the IB curriculum (haven't gotten one last grade yet) so it will either be 42 or 43 out of 45 (and 777 at HL if you're familiar with the IB :smile:).

Oh awesome! I've heard worse things about LSE, so was going to pick UCL solely based on the campus, but glad to hear that.
Also great to hear Bristol as a city is amazing - through the website I didn't get the loveliest impression. Nottingham's tour left an impact on me, so I'll do further digging.
Haha I hear that a lot about Birmingham so dw I'm starting to take on that preference too.

Anyways, wherever I get in will be fun..right:s-smilie:
Thank you for your help if I think of any more questions I'll be back
Reply 4
Original post by Laurence00
I can vouch for bristol that it’s a great place to study

thank you!! always reassuring.
would you say it's probably nicer than durham?
Original post by heyheygirl
thank you!! always reassuring.
would you say it's probably nicer than durham?

I’ve never been to Durham before so I can’t judge for sure but I’ve heard friends saying Durham felt very isolated and had bad nightlife. I can definitely tell you that Bristol has a lot more going on, so it really depends what you want from your student experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending