Moving up to triple from combined in year 10

Watch
6h057ly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok so a little bit of context: so basically in yr 9 due to lockdown our school didnt put us into combined & triple groups yet, once it got to June we were put into combined and triple groups.. I was put in combined, I really wanted to be in triple so I got a little sad over the holidays. However at the time I understood the schools point of view as I wasn't even getting 6s now im in yr 10 and to be honest I think im doing well as i have started self teaching myself and I've done a few tests and I believe im capable of doing triple at this point, however there is a problem, there are like 33 or 34 people in the triple class. So I was wondering if its possible to move up in yr 10 considering all the factors I just stated

Thanks in advance, Ghostly AKA 6h057ly
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd talk to your science teacher/head of science about it and see what they think
6h057ly
Rep:
?
(Original post by flaurie)
I'd talk to your science teacher/head of science about it and see what they think
I would but I'm scared because in year 9 I talked to them about it and they said no , however that was back when I got bad grades, but I'm still scared to talk to them in fear of getting rejected again
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 6h057ly)
I would but I'm scared because in year 9 I talked to them about it and they said no , however that was back when I got bad grades, but I'm still scared to talk to them in fear of getting rejected again
if you've been getting higher grades recently then it can't hurt to try :yep: best of luck!
6h057ly
Rep:
?
if you've been getting higher grades recently then it can't hurt to try :yep: best of luck!
but, how do i gather the confidence to do so
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
but, how do i gather the confidence to do so
maybe you could email if you don't want to speak face to face? otherwise try and speak to them at the end of the lesson or outside of lessons so there's less people around?
6h057ly
Rep:
?
maybe you could email if you don't want to speak face to face? otherwise try and speak to them at the end of the lesson or outside of lessons so there's less people around?
so lets say if I did, would I even get accepted? since there are 32 people in the class
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so lets say if I did, would I even get accepted? since there are 32 people in the class
that would be up to your school, i have no clue! but it can't hurt to try
6h057ly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
that would be up to your school, i have no clue! but it can't hurt to try
Ok, thanks for all the help, ill wait until I finish the rest of the tests to prove to them that I can do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads