Telling my parents

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2 months now but I've yet to tell my parents. I don't know but I feel embarrassed probably because they used to tease me about girls. How should I go about this?
aloosayshi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2 months now but I've yet to tell my parents. I don't know but I feel embarrassed probably because they used to tease me about girls. How should I go about this?
You should be confident and direct. There's no need to feel embarassed about something that is important to you and makes you happy. Just start with a conversation confidently and I'm sure everything will come naturally with the flow. Best of luck!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Literally just tell them, it isnt a big deal and the longer you put it off the likelier the chance your gf will take offence at you hiding her and being embarrassed to acknowledge she exists to your parents for no good apparent reason
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just calmly tell them, don’t make a big deal out of it. Not a lot else you can do.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d actually disagree with all of the posts above.

I would say that if you want to make it private until further notice then make sure you do so. There must be a reason that you haven’t habituated courage to do so and I think that’s mainly due to the clarity and also perhaps how unsupportive your parents are.

Definitely give it some time.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads