Ardaafsar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Everyone
Basically I have a concern about maintenance loan
I know that the student finance goes to my university and I get the maintenance loan based on my household income.
And my mother is a single mum and we are not on benefits or any other public fund.
However I am working part time while im at my sixth form

Does this effect my maintenance loan in the future ? Because I am applying for universities this year and im scared that I would have a problem when I am applying for the loan?
One more question if I get a job while im at uni would they cut my maintenance loan or decrease the amount that I am getting if I work ?
thank you for reading
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello there

I did some research online and this is what I found:

"The size of the Maintenance Loan you're entitled to will depend on the following three factors:

- Where in the UK you're from – Each country within the UK has its own funding body for students. You'll apply to the body in the country you normally live in when you're not at uni.
- Whether you'll be living at home or not – In most of the UK (apart from Scotland), there is more funding on offer for students who'll be living away from home (rather than at home) while at uni. There's usually even more funding if you'll be studying away from home and in London.
- Your household income – Students from households with a higher income receive less generous funding packages from Student Finance bodies, while those from poorer backgrounds receive the most generous support. Depending on where in the UK you're from, this could determine how big a Maintenance Loan you get and/or how big a Maintenance Grant you're entitled to (if any).

I found three website where you can find some useful information:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
https://www.savethestudent.org/stude....html#eligible -> They have a section were they talk about the average Maintenance Loan depending on the household income
https://www.futurefinance.com/blog/w...ntenance-loan/

Also, I don't think that working would affect your maintenance loan. I have always received the highest amount because I live by myself and I do not receive any economical help from my parents. I have always worked and it has never affected my loan.

I hope you find those links useful!
Good luck with your studies
Best wishes
Andrea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed