PLEASE HELP! Elective changes

Watch
aoi_0613
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am a 1st year student at university and currently thinking of changing the elective as I don’t enjoy the course, I am way behind with the content and overwhelmed. However, it is now too late to do so. (I have asked my personal tutor)
The module I have chosen is worth 20 credits and I have to get 120 a year. Do you think it is a wise idea to drop this module for this semester so that i get 40 credits for the 1st semester and 80 credits for the 2nd? Or are there any other better ways I can do?

Thanks!
Last edited by aoi_0613; 1 week ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aoi_0613)
Hi, I am a 1st year student at university and currently thinking of changing the elective as I don’t enjoy the course, I am way behind with the content and overwhelmed. However, it is now too late to do so. (I have asked my personal tutor)
The module I have chosen is worth 20 credits and I have to get 120 a year. Do you think it is a wise idea to drop this module for this semester so that i get 40 credits for the 1st semester and 80 credits for the 2nd? Or are there any other better ways I can do?

Thanks!
Are you even allowed to take a 40-80 split?

Does this module count towards your degree? How is it assessed?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for your reply.

I haven’t asked about 40-80 split. However, the course organiser of the module I was thinking to swap suggested that I could drop the module I’m doing now for this semester and start a preferred module from semester 2. She also said that the work load will not be in balance so that I’ll be busy in 2nd semester) so I suppose we can do 40-80?

No, it should be like an optional module and it can be unrelated to my degree.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you feel you can cope with 80 credits in S2 then go for it
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
^This
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (32)
86.49%
No (5)
13.51%

Watched Threads