Uni travel

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Heyy, basically I have been diagnosed with cyclical vomiting syndrome (cvs). I live about 2 hours away from uni cos I couldn’t afford accommodation in London, so I travel by multiple buses and trains.

However at times due to this condition I can’t travel far especially during my flare ups. They are really bad as I am constantly sick and my body is in pain as I usually don’t eat and drink during the episodes as it all just comes out, which can go on for days, so I am just weak.

So this is such an inconvenience as I could be on the underground train and almost vomit and my mobility is bad due to the lack of food sometimes. So I do usually try to avoid public transport during theses times and now class is not online I still have to go during these flare ups as if you miss a certain amount of days you will get kicked out of this uni, especially with the course I am currently doing.

So I was wondering if dsa would help with other transport ways for me to get to uni, as I have already applied and they are aware of my condition.

But one thing I did think about is the distance from my house to the uni and I understand it is quite costly. Would they still help, and what type of things would they do to help with this????

Sorry that this is soo long and for waffling🤣

And thankss for your advice if you do reply 😂
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Not sure with travel costs, however, perhaps you should consider doing a degree online.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I wish I could but with social work I have to be in as it’s really interactive. I have even considered changing courses because of this condition but this is and has always been the only course I wanted to do for a long time now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (122)
56.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.57%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (26)
12.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.8%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed