Bcs in econ or degree apprenticeship where after 4 years I have the ACA?

Watch
yusuf.khalil031
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Essentially ive applied to at the moment 3 accountancy apprenticeships in audit and assurance where essentially you skip a degree and become a chartered accountant after 4 years(ACA). Im currently at the 4th/5th stage(assessment days/final interview) of these applications so although its very early days im trying to figure out if i should take the opportunity and skip a Bcs if i ended up getting it.(applied to cambridge kings bristol warwick and leeds)(predicted 3A* so you can gain a sense of my uni prospects). Ive done **** tons of research but its like so confusing i really have no idea so any help would be great thx
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by yusuf.khalil031)
Essentially ive applied to at the moment 3 accountancy apprenticeships in audit and assurance where essentially you skip a degree and become a chartered accountant after 4 years(ACA). Im currently at the 4th/5th stage(assessment days/final interview) of these applications so although its very early days im trying to figure out if i should take the opportunity and skip a Bcs if i ended up getting it.(applied to cambridge kings bristol warwick and leeds)(predicted 3A* so you can gain a sense of my uni prospects). Ive done **** tons of research but its like so confusing i really have no idea so any help would be great thx
Sounds like you might be in a great position with lots of options!

Just to confirm - are the 3 firms you have applied to all offering the 4 year route (not 4.5 or 5 years)?
- would paying for living costs at university be a problem for your family, or do you get a large student loan allowance?
- do you want to go to university?
yusuf.khalil031
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Sounds like you might be in a great position with lots of options!

Just to confirm - are the 3 firms you have applied to all offering the 4 year route (not 4.5 or 5 years)?
- would paying for living costs at university be a problem for your family, or do you get a large student loan allowance?
- do you want to go to university?
Hi,
-they are all 4-5 years (EY,Deliotte,Tilney Smith and Williamson)
-i get a decent student loan allowance im pretty sure my big sister got loads of grants ect
-i cant figure it out tbh i dont care as much about clubbing and stuff but im trying to figure out if i would have better opportunities going to a Uni or working for a big4 firm
let me know what you think thanks
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi,
-they are all 4-5 years (EY,Deliotte,Tilney Smith and Williamson)
-i get a decent student loan allowance im pretty sure my big sister got loads of grants ect
-i cant figure it out tbh i dont care as much about clubbing and stuff but im trying to figure out if i would have better opportunities going to a Uni or working for a big4 firm
let me know what you think thanks
Will do - there are a number of people on this site who have considered what you are considering and could provide their experiences. Well worth reading their experiences (check the accounting forum as well as the apprenticeships ones). One guy also does you tube videos which I think are very informative. I'll need to think about it and give some notes.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Of interest - which offices are you applying for apprenticeships in? Cardiff? Would you/ could you live at home while doing the training?
yusuf.khalil031
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Of interest - which offices are you applying for apprenticeships in? Cardiff? Would you/ could you live at home while doing the training?
Hi,
The ones ive applied for are based in Belfast, London and Bristol(still waiting for KPMG to open applications) and i plan on moving if i decided to go for it
would you be kind enough to send me the links of the forums/threads you've been looking at i dont get this website struggling to find stuff.
Thanks for the help
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi,
The ones ive applied for are based in Belfast, London and Bristol(still waiting for KPMG to open applications) and i plan on moving if i decided to go for it
would you be kind enough to send me the links of the forums/threads you've been looking at i dont get this website struggling to find stuff.
Thanks for the help
This is the youtube channel of someone who was a regular poster on here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75...PRVi4ZoWt5KniQ

the main forums to look through are the apprenticeships one and accounting careers:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=262
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=516
Fehzan Mehdi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks ajj2000 for posting my channel!
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Fehzan Mehdi)
Thanks ajj2000 for posting my channel!
I recommend it regularly!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (7)
63.64%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (0)
0%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (1)
9.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (0)
0%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
27.27%

Watched Threads