thomas234542
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hello,

I know the target universities are Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, and Warwick.
However, I am only applying to LSE from those universities and plan to apply to more semi-targets. Could you please let me know the more popular semi-targets and rank them if possible.

Thanks!
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
No point in ranking them specifically, although Durham seems to stand out. Bath, Bristol, Nottingham, Kings college london, Edinburgh and maybe Exeter/st andrews come to mind. Is there a reason you’re not applying to Warwick/UCL?
gman9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Lol warwick isnt a target…its a semi target.
thomas234542
Rep:
?
(Original post by leviticus.)
No point in ranking them specifically, although Durham seems to stand out. Bath, Bristol, Nottingham, Kings college london, Edinburgh and maybe Exeter/st andrews come to mind. Is there a reason you’re not applying to Warwick/UCL?
I'm looking to do a pure finance course, initially, I really liked Warwick as a uni, but they only offer A+F. UCL has a Finance, Economics and Stats course but it requires A - level Further Maths. (I currently do Maths, Econ, History and completed an EPQ) LSE also requires Further Maths for Finance, but I'm just gonna give it a go anyways (1/5 choices so not really bothered)
Last edited by thomas234542; 2 days ago
Manvith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by gman9999)
Warwick is a target
leviticus.
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by gman9999)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7x5r/htmlview# Places like a target
leviticus.
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by thomas234542)
I'm looking to do a pure finance course, initially, I really liked Warwick as a uni, but they only offer A+F. UCL has a Finance, Economics and Stats course but it requires A - level Further Maths. (I currently do Maths, Econ, History and completed an EPQ) LSE also requires Further Maths for Finance, but I'm just gonna give it a go anyways (1/5 choices so not really bothered)
Why are you specifically wanting to study finance? It’s not a particularly desirable course for IB but itd get the job done I suppose. Afaik, accounting is an aspect of IBD. Not to sure how sizeable it is though.
thomas234542
Rep:
?
(Original post by leviticus.)
Why are you specifically wanting to study finance? It’s not a particularly desirable course for IB but itd get the job done I suppose. Afaik, accounting is an aspect of IBD. Not to sure how sizeable it is though.
I just prefer the finance courses - most of them generally do have some elements of econ, acc & stats anyways.
_Jonneh_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I speak from applying to/studying Economics, but after the ones you mentioned the other unis who have a lot of grads going into IB are Bath, Durham, Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, King's and also the top Scottish unis (mainly St Andrews and Edinburgh). Hope this helps
Last edited by _Jonneh_; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.58%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.88%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.34%
I'm finding things difficult (116)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.67%

Watched Threads