I don’t fit in

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So recently I realised that I don’t fit in anywhere in school. I would say I’m a very kind and caring person but whenever my traits show through people laugh or just think I’m odd. The people in my school drink, vape, go to clubs etc but I don’t do any of those things and for some reason I want to fit in and I don’t know why. I know myself and I’m a kind, smiley person with manners but I’m always surrounded by these people who don’t have manners and it’s perceived as cool. Are there even people like me out there or even appreciate someone like me?

I’ve just been feeling really down recently thinking that I should fit in and honestly it’s making me feel like being a kind person isn’t really worth being in this day and age. Any advice??
vnesswa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
don't worry about it. my school was the same, and i had the same need to fit in. so, i went to parties and drank and surely enough, i still didnt enjoy it lol. you are who you are, and one day you'll find people like yourself ((:
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can be both, you know: friendly and kind but also be the sort of person who goes out and get involves in social activities.
s144177
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're human, it's only natural to want to fit in. Being kind, polite and caring is so worth it, even if everyone isn't. This world needs more people like you. But perhaps be more restrained when it comes to being caring or kind towards people who wouldn't want it. Drinking, vaping and clubbing is such a rubbish thing to get into. Don't. They might have "fun" now but there are loads of negative consequences, don't follow the crowd on your own detriment. Keep on looking for friends, you could find polite people in the library, I made friends there. Have you tried joining clubs at school?

You could be cool, but still have manners, you just need to get a grip of the lingo and how people act and stuff. Stop blaming yourself, sometimes in life you just can't get what you want, it's not in your hands. Be patient and keep on trying, hopefully you'll end up making good friends. If you still can't make friends in real life, make friends online. I like using discord, btw it's 13+. Just a reminder to make sure your parents know exactly what you're doing and stuff you're on, cause there are some weird people on the internet and more specifically, some servers on discord aren't moderated properly. I'd also recommend you get into typology, it's so cool. Find out your mbti-personality, enneagram and stuff, join an mbti server on discord, and then make friends with people who are your exact same personality, you'll be surprised with how much you can relate! Typology will also help you in terms of getting to know yourself better and maybe even self-development.

Keep on trying to make real friends cause online isn't always great. School is a rough time for many people, with friends or without. So long as you're trying, don't blame yourself. If something isn't meant to happen. It just won't, no matter how hard you try. Don't fixate on the negatives. Distract yourself with hobbies and stuff. Also take a note of the things you're grateful for before going to bed every day, it's good for your mental health. For example, I am grateful I am polite and I don't have behaviour problems lol, I am grateful I have the opportunity to go to school, I am grateful ...

Take care,

May Allah bless you
abdiadnan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So recently I realised that I don’t fit in anywhere in school. I would say I’m a very kind and caring person but whenever my traits show through people laugh or just think I’m odd. The people in my school drink, vape, go to clubs etc but I don’t do any of those things and for some reason I want to fit in and I don’t know why. I know myself and I’m a kind, smiley person with manners but I’m always surrounded by these people who don’t have manners and it’s perceived as cool. Are there even people like me out there or even appreciate someone like me?

I’ve just been feeling really down recently thinking that I should fit in and honestly it’s making me feel like being a kind person isn’t really worth being in this day and age. Any advice??
you don't have to fit in, I pooed myself at the end of assembly in year 9 and everyone smelt it, but it blew over, people forget.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads