Biomedical sciences without Chemistry and just Biology, Maths and another science?

Watch
Sid Nandula
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I'm planning to do Biomed at Uni and I'm just wondering whether it's alright to do it without chemistry and just biology, maths and physics. I checked the entry requirements and some Uni's offer the course without chemistry but some don't offer it. Is there a reason for that?
maidajajja
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sid Nandula)
So, I'm planning to do Biomed at Uni and I'm just wondering whether it's alright to do it without chemistry and just biology, maths and physics. I checked the entry requirements and some Uni's offer the course without chemistry but some don't offer it. Is there a reason for that?
If biochemistry course is the course you wanted to do then apply to those universities that don't require chemistry but most universities do expect chemistry if you want to do biomedical science but its up to you. You would then have to focus on showing your intreats in the subject through your personal statement.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sid Nandula)
Hia!

from what Ive seen chemistry helps you out with a course like biomed but it isn't essential, hence why some unis (ports and UEA for example) don't require chemistry for a biomed. Considering your other subjects being maths and physics which equally demanding as chemistry you shouldn't have many issues picking up the chemistry in a biomed degree and biology Alevel offers some basic chemistry which is a good stepping stone.

Hope this helps!

UoP rep - ben
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (195)
55.24%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.88%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.35%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.95%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.25%

Watched Threads