Unconditional Offer for Scholarship Revoked

Watch
Zeer Pistra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So last year I had received an unconditional offer from a college which offered 50% scholarship on my fee based on my academic credentials and extra-curricular activities. I had missed most if not all of my classes for the past year after I took the admission due to life and work (circumstances weren't the best for me) But I still continued to pay my fee for the college with the scholarship and now they have "deducted" my scholarship or are atleast threatening to do so because of my attendance/grades.

My question is that can I do something about this situation? I want to get back to college but wouldn't be able to afford it without the scholarship.
Can they even revoke the scholarship after they gave me an unconditional offer?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
scholarships usually come with plenty of T&Cs around attendance, maintaining academic performance etc so if you haven't done that you do risk losing the scholarship.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Zeer Pistra)
So last year I had received an unconditional offer from a college which offered 50% scholarship on my fee based on my academic credentials and extra-curricular activities. I had missed most if not all of my classes for the past year after I took the admission due to life and work (circumstances weren't the best for me) But I still continued to pay my fee for the college with the scholarship and now they have "deducted" my scholarship or are atleast threatening to do so because of my attendance/grades.

My question is that can I do something about this situation? I want to get back to college but wouldn't be able to afford it without the scholarship.
Can they even revoke the scholarship after they gave me an unconditional offer?
Given that your attendance is poor (whether by choice or not), that is usually a criterion for having privileges like scholarships revoked. Did you keep them informed throughout the year as to why you were missing classes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads