tahirr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone. I am undertaking the EPQ and would like to do it in a topic relating to mental health and the effects that oral health can have on it but I am struggling to find sources. Could anyone think of a more specific area of study where I can find a minimum of 20 sources to cite and read from?
TickTockTeo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe a good idea is to study how failing to function adequately leads to poor oral hygiene?

People with depression often have really low mood and hence struggle to complete tasks that are 'normal' such as brushing their teeth. In turn, that leads to poor oral hygiene.

Maybe you could also explore ideas on how to help people with mental health problems battle against this, i.e. using gamification (an area I focused on in my EPQ).

EPQ sources don't need to be directly related, linking them together is amazing too. Getting a source on people who are depressed having lower energy and not brushing your teeth leading to poor oral hygiene is good but you just need to make sure you write how they LINK.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (36)
87.8%
No (5)
12.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise