Lauracarter123
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know how many places there will be at both MMU and Salford to study Physiotherapy? Plus what their number of mature students is like each year?
University of Salford Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lauracarter123)
Does anyone know how many places there will be at both MMU and Salford to study Physiotherapy? Plus what their number of mature students is like each year?
Hi Lauracarter123,

I am currently in my 3rd year of Physiotherapy at the University of Salford. Feel free to ask any questions about the course or university.

The cohort sizes change each year, for my year there is about 75 of us but it may have slightly increased the last few years. But on average most universities take on just under 100 students each year. We do have quite a lot of mature and commuting students on our course so if you are a worrying mature student dont worry! We all get on really well, it is like a little family so we mix a lot with one another and go on nights out/drinks all together.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on what MMU is like, but hopefully one of their reps will comment!

Best of luck!

Holly - Student Ambassador
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lauracarter123)
Hi Lauracarter123

Its difficult to say how many places we have each year as typically it does change from year to year, on average we have around 100 students. Again, it is difficult to give an exact number of mature students on the course as this differs every year, however, we welcome mature students and as this is a professional health course the age range of our applicants does vary!

You may find it useful to chat with one of our current Students on our Access Platform. We have students from a range of different courses including Physiotherapy. Students can chat with you about student life and what it is like studying courses at Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/chatwithus/

I hope this helps!
Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads