Stopped A-Level exam due to illness after completing one question

Watch
Sstarr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I had my A-level Chemistry Paper 2 and fainted on the train on my way there I still managed to arrive and decided I would still attempt the exam however I started to feel dizzy and faint in the first few minutes and left the exam only completing one multiple choice question. My school said they would apply for special consideration however I saw it says maximum added marks is 5% leaving me with 7% overall for this paper. Would that be the case or can they disregard this paper as i did not really sit the paper and calculate my grade based off of paper 1&3? I am really worried about how this will affect my overall mark and if there is anything i can do.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sstarr)
I had my A-level Chemistry Paper 2 and fainted on the train on my way there I still managed to arrive and decided I would still attempt the exam however I started to feel dizzy and faint in the first few minutes and left the exam only completing one multiple choice question. My school said they would apply for special consideration however I saw it says maximum added marks is 5% leaving me with 7% overall for this paper. Would that be the case or can they disregard this paper as i did not really sit the paper and calculate my grade based off of paper 1&3? I am really worried about how this will affect my overall mark and if there is anything i can do.
You should be able to apply to resit the assessment
Sstarr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
You should be able to apply to resit the assessment
Hi thanks for responding but there is no option to resit this paper as it is an official exam it has to be done on the day. I think the only way forward is this having to be a part of my final grade or for them to disregard this particular paper just not sure what the outcome of the special consideration will be.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Sstarr)
Hi thanks for responding but there is no option to resit this paper as it is an official exam it has to be done on the day. I think the only way forward is this having to be a part of my final grade or for them to disregard this particular paper just not sure what the outcome of the special consideration will be.
You may be required to do a gap year? I’m surprised your school hasn’t been more clear about this
Sstarr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
You may be required to do a gap year? I’m surprised your school hasn’t been more clear about this
I am already taking a gap year these are the autumn A-level exams. Worst case scenario is I fall back onto my TAG from summer which is not too bad but would just be a waste of time for retaking it if this happens + i cant go to my top choice uni but I am hoping they understand the situation and grade it as if i didn't sit the paper. My school has told me they are not sure what will happen but will fill out the special consideration form and send it to the exam board.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (62)
56.36%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
10.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.55%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.36%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
5.45%

Watched Threads