do you get a kids train ticket even tho ur 16/17

Watch
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
right i got given a kids ticket the other week which is for people under 16 of age. i am 17 lol and didn't wear much makeup, today i am i forgot and bought a kids ticket thinking i'd get away with it. someone thinks its some form of stealing is it?
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just get a 16-17 Saver. It makes it the same price.
gracieee16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vapordave)
its more money the adult ticket
gracieee16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vapordave)
plus im a kid technically still so
martin7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gracieee16)
right i got given a kids ticket the other week which is for people under 16 of age. i am 17 lol and didn't wear much makeup, today i am i forgot and bought a kids ticket thinking i'd get away with it. someone thinks its some form of stealing is it?
If you're caught you could be made to pay a penalty fare (if applicable). You could also end up being prosecuted and receive a criminal conviction.

As Vapordave points out, the 16-17 Saver railcard (https://www.16-17saver.co.uk/) will give you the same 50% discount that a child aged 5-15 gets. It does cost £30, though, so you'd need to consider whether you use the train enough to justify this.
gracieee16
Rep:
?
(Original post by martin7)
If you're caught you could be made to pay a penalty fare (if applicable). You could also end up being prosecuted and receive a criminal conviction.

As Vapordave points out, the 16-17 Saver railcard (https://www.16-17saver.co.uk/) will give you the same 50% discount that a child aged 5-15 gets. It does cost £30, though, so you'd need to consider whether you use the train enough to justify this.
oh thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (29)
87.88%
No (4)
12.12%

Watched Threads