Decent Uni for Politics (plus something) without AAA or better?

Watch
LittleSkink
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
PPE doesn't appeal but Politics plus something, eg International Relations or Economics, or a language does appeal

But still thinking through all the possible Uni choices

AAA (or better) seems typical for the good unis, but what / who sits just below that - if things dont go well what decent unis would take AAB / ABB ?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by LittleSkink)
PPE doesn't appeal but Politics plus something, eg International Relations or Economics, or a language does appeal

AAA (or better) seems typical for the good unis, but what / who sits just below that - if things dont go well what decent unis would take AAB / ABB ?
They're a bit below at around BBB, but Essex and Aberystwyth punch above their weight, imo. The former for politics in particular, the latter for IR.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

There is a whole host of universities that tend to make offers generally about these grades. It is difficult to advise you as the courses and places are very different but here are many you could look into. This is for general courses and you would need to check out re politics. Aberystwyth. Bangor, Cardiff, Swansea, Reading, Royal Holloway, Kent, Sussex, East Anglia, Leicester, Aston, Liverpool, Lancaster, Newcastle, York, Sheffield and Lincoln.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

Hi there!

I am a student ambassador from Lancaster Univeristy and just writing here to give you my experience of joint honours as that seems to be what you're leaning towards! I am currently studying Spanish Studies and Theatre and whilst that isn't what you're looking to do, I've found that joint honours students have fairly similar experiences in terms of course structures.
I chose joint honours because I couldn't choose between two subjects and it's a really fulfilling degree for me as I have been able to pursue both of my interests to a very high standard despite only technically only doing half of each! The two courses run independently of each other but languages are quite common thing to have a joint honours in so other departments are usually very aware of this.
I'm linking here the course for Spanish and Politics at Lancaster Uni (I don't know what language you want to do!) as an idea of what a joint honours with politics and a language might look like for you: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/un...-ba-hons-rl42/
I highly recommend looking at all the unis that were listed by ageshallnot for you and seeing if they offer joint honours as this might be a good way of narrowing down the list!

I hope it all goes well and let me know if I can answer any questions!

Daisy (Final Year Spanish Studies and Theatre)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.33%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.96%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.39%
I'm finding things difficult (116)
33.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.7%

Watched Threads