PandaPrincess
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello all,

At my university, we have irregular timetabling- every week looks completely different from the next- there's no regularity to my classes. It makes it really hard to plan other activities/ appointments and I really struggle with the lack of routine. Is this normal practice at universities? How does your university organise your timetable?

Thanks
Miss_mischy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it has to do with the pandemic. When I studied at Leeds pre-COVID my timetable was rather similar each week (interpreting and translation) but then COVID hit and things were different, including the timetabling. Now that I study at Warwick (biochemistry), my timetable looks more like yours and I think the mix of online and in-person lectures/tutorials/seminars is likely the root cause.
Last edited by Miss_mischy; 1 week ago
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PandaPrincess)
Hello all,

At my university, we have irregular timetabling- every week looks completely different from the next- there's no regularity to my classes. It makes it really hard to plan other activities/ appointments and I really struggle with the lack of routine. Is this normal practice at universities? How does your university organise your timetable?

Thanks
Hi, I am first year student and started in October. Obviously its only been two weeks so far and yes my timetable has been a bit all over the place but from week 4 onwards it stabilises and seems fixed but they always say how everything is still "subject to change". But yeahh I agree with you do the irregularity is annoying but its all down to COVID and its impact on timetabling cuz obvs rn they cannot have 100% face to face teaching but for me I wanna create a routine but its hard cuz like one week I may not have lessons from 3PM onwards but then the week after I have a lab session 3 till 5 so yeahh its quite annoying but just gotta firm it really.

My uni said they are looking to increase the number of in person classes from next week onwards but are still keeping the option ot join online in place for individuals who are unwell or self isolating etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (46)
88.46%
No (6)
11.54%

Watched Threads