nehapartha
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Pls help me out! is there any way an international student can actually survive in the uk? does anyone know any helpful scholarships that can take the financial burden off for tuition or the accomodation fees? would be very much appreciated!
minmin20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi, I'm an international student too, your best bet is checking the scholarship pages on your university's website. Pretty much every university has scholarships specially for international students. It would also help to call your faculty and ask
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by nehapartha)
Pls help me out! is there any way an international student can actually survive in the uk? does anyone know any helpful scholarships that can take the financial burden off for tuition or the accomodation fees? would be very much appreciated!
They do, but the chances that they will cover the entire tuition is quite low.

After all, it is incredibly expensive for some courses (e.g. Medicine) - places like Cambridge charge nearly £60,000 per year plus college fees. Getting a scholarship would be akin to winning the lottery.

On the other hand, there are a few more, much less generous scholarship for high achievers but they wouldn't cover the entire cost - maybe just a fraction. Imperial offers a £1,000 one I think.

At the end of the day, it's incredibly rare and extremely competitive (understatement) to get a full scholarship. Best to try your home country first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads