long distance relationships Watch

This discussion is closed.
heather2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
this kinda thread has probably been posted before so sorry.
how do people cope with long-distance relationships? iv been in relationship about 5 months, but we were best mates for about a year before that so we're really really close, but we only see each other every other weekend. after being around each other lots over xmas we are both finding it really really difficult being apart again. anyone in long distance relationship got any ways tht they find it easier to be apart? sounds really stupid but life is hell atm. thanks xxxxx
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Webcam.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by heather2)
this kinda thread has probably been posted before so sorry.
how do people cope with long-distance relationships? iv been in relationship about 5 months, but we were best mates for about a year before that so we're really really close, but we only see each other every other weekend. after being around each other lots over xmas we are both finding it really really difficult being apart again. anyone in long distance relationship got any ways tht they find it easier to be apart? sounds really stupid but life is hell atm. thanks xxxxx
Yup, I only get to see my bf at weekends. Having spent over a week together over new year and back in October too, it it very difficult to say goodbye. The worst of it is that he has to go away on business to Japan for about six weeks, which will be agony. If you love each other enough, it'll work out ok. We cope by talking everyday online and just making the most of the time we have together.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Webcam.
:eek:
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
:eek:
I'm a good girl, honestly!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I've been seperated from my boyfriend for ages . And we've been together for 3 years. We've never been together. We met online
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

I've been seperated from my boyfriend for ages . And we've been together for 3 years. We've never been together. We met online
how often do you see him?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I couldn't hack it, you're stronger than I am. I am too touchy-feely.

I'm dreading september, when I'll be separated from my boyfriend :\
:argh: Old crush moved to England, obviously didn't work :bawling:
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
how often do you see him?
I just came back from seeing him today. Its not that often at the moment, maybe every 3 months because its a 5 hour trip from Southampton to Nottingham. Its hard and you find yourself drifting apart at points, but if its gonna last then its worth it. Even when we've had a massive argument i never think about ending it. It is tiring, i used to get a coach from school in Victoria all the way to Nottingham in yr 12 (sheesh we've been together that long!) and it takes a lot of of me, but it worth it.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I just came back from seeing him today. Its not that often at the moment, maybe every 3 months because its a 5 hour trip from Southampton to Nottingham. Its hard and you find yourself drifting apart at points, but if its gonna last then its worth it. Even when we've had a massive argument i never think about ending it. It is tiring, i used to get a coach from school in Victoria all the way to Nottingham in yr 12 (sheesh we've been together that long!) and it takes a lot of of me, but it worth it.
aww i know what you mean. i used to live about 5 hours from my (ex) bf. it's tough. saw him about once every 6 weeks and we spent the whole of the holidays together. hehe - sorry if i sound too curious...it's just he's at southampton now hehe
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
don't take this the wrong way, sarky, but I'm a little curious.

I had a friend in an LDR, and..each time they saw their significant other..they literally put another notch in the headboard. It literally got the the point that they'd met in real life about 4 times, and were having sex.

Is that..normal for relationships that are based on communication over phone and internet at stuff..just to..go and get it all out of the way when you finally meet?

Or are you just more restrained.

You don't have to answer if you're like..totally offended by that, but It's a puzzle of a noodle scratcher for little old me.
No i don't spend all my time with my boyfriend having sex everytime we meet, because if i wanted sex that badly i wouldn't have to go all the way to Nottingham to get it! (Not because i am good looking but because i am surrounded by drunken horny students). When i met my boyfriend i was 17, i'm 21 this year. And our relationship is a lot more than that. He's saved my life (literally as in calling an ambulance when i've collapsed) been there for me when i didn't have anyone else, helped me pay for my chemistry tuition when i really needed it (Went from a E in my first A level to a C second time round). Since we've been together i've been in hospital 3 times, been very very ill and he's always been there.

Its much much more than that.
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm in a long-ish distance relationship though manchester and liverpool aren't exactly a million miles apart. Its been that way since we started uni. We see each other every week or two. its not so bad.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
aww i know what you mean. i used to live about 5 hours from my (ex) bf. it's tough. saw him about once every 6 weeks and we spent the whole of the holidays together. hehe - sorry if i sound too curious...it's just he's at southaptom now hehe

Do you want me to hit him if i see him? My ex has moved to Holland he must really hate me! :p:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Do you want me to hit him if i see him? My ex has moved to Holland he must really hate me! :p:
hehe - yes please :p:
haha - just kidding we are 'FRIENDS' :rolleyes:
you'll find him round the medical bit somewhere :p:
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
hehe - yes please :p:
haha - just kidding we are 'FRIENDS' :rolleyes:
you'll find him round the medical bit somewhere :p:

Ooo i'm in the medical bit too! I could hit him and say it was an accident. Send me a pic and i'll see what i can do
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Ooo i'm in the medical bit too! I could hit him and say it was an accident. Send me a pic and i'll see what i can do
hehe - i think all pics have been crazily destroyed in a mad frenzy! :p: but to be more specific it's theaudiologybit :p:
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
hehe - i think all pics have been crazily destroyed in a mad frenzy! :p: but to be more specific it's theaudiologybit :p:

Audiology can't be that big, i'll just go round with a pic saying "DO YOU KNOW THIS GIRL"? And then when he says yes i'll hit him really hard and say, "Thats from TK, by the way you're still friends ok?"

That should do the trick.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Audiology can't be that big, i'll just go round with a pic saying "DO YOU KNOW THIS GIRL"? And then when he says yes i'll hit him really hard and say, "Thats from TK, by the way you're still friends ok?"

That should do the trick.
hehehe. his girlfriend might get you. i don't want you to put yourself at risk :p:
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
hehehe. his girlfriend might get you. i don't want you to put yourself at risk :p:

Pah i'm not scared of her *Is she really big? Could she squash me?* I'm not wee but i'm not big either.... :confused:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Pah i'm not scared of her *Is she really big? Could she squash me?* I'm not wee but i'm not big either.... :confused:
hehe. not got a clue what she's like. i think he just wanted me to know she existed :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.98%
Leave (220)
20.02%

Watched Threads