Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
Questions:
I would like to do occupational therapy.
1. Entry requirements?
2. Do I need work experience for this course?
Northumbria University UG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
Hi @Anonymous #1,

We are pleased to hear that you're interested in studying Occupational Therapy with us.

Previous work experience isn't necessary to gain a place on the course. The Occupational Therapy course is very popular with applicants, so just make sure your personal statement gives us a strong impression of your passion and interest in the subject.

The Entry Requirements are as follows, these can also be found at the bottom of the course page on our website:

Entry Requirements 2022/23
Standard Entry
120 UCAS Tariff points

From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas, or the International Baccalaureate.

Subject Requirements:

There are no specific subject requirements for this course.

GCSE Requirements:

Applicants will need Maths, English Language and a Science at minimum grade 4/C, or an equivalent.

Additional Requirements:

Applicants will be required to attend an interview. Admission is subject to a suitable DBS Enhanced Certificate and a satisfactory health check. Applicants must meet the Health and Care Professions Council's suitability for registration requirements.

International Qualifications:

We welcome applicants with a range of qualifications which may not match those shown above.

If you have qualifications from outside the UK, find out what you need by visiting www.northumbria.ac.uk/yourcountry

English Language Requirements:

International applicants should have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 7.0 with 6.5 in each component (or an approved equivalent*).

*The university accepts a large number of UK and International Qualifications in place of IELTS. You can find details of acceptable tests and the required grades in our English Language section: www.northumbria.ac.uk/englishqualifications

We hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any more questions.

Best Wishes,

Natalie- UG Student Room Rep
Northumbria University
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 hours ago
(Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep)
Hi @Anonymous #1,

We are pleased to hear that you're interested in studying Occupational Therapy with us.

Previous work experience isn't necessary to gain a place on the course. The Occupational Therapy course is very popular with applicants, so just make sure your personal statement gives us a strong impression of your passion and interest in the subject.

The Entry Requirements are as follows, these can also be found at the bottom of the course page on our website:

Entry Requirements 2022/23
Standard Entry
120 UCAS Tariff points

From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas, or the International Baccalaureate.

Subject Requirements:

There are no specific subject requirements for this course.

GCSE Requirements:

Applicants will need Maths, English Language and a Science at minimum grade 4/C, or an equivalent.

Additional Requirements:

Applicants will be required to attend an interview. Admission is subject to a suitable DBS Enhanced Certificate and a satisfactory health check. Applicants must meet the Health and Care Professions Council's suitability for registration requirements.

International Qualifications:

We welcome applicants with a range of qualifications which may not match those shown above.

If you have qualifications from outside the UK, find out what you need by visiting www.northumbria.ac.uk/yourcountry

English Language Requirements:

International applicants should have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 7.0 with 6.5 in each component (or an approved equivalent*).

*The university accepts a large number of UK and International Qualifications in place of IELTS. You can find details of acceptable tests and the required grades in our English Language section: www.northumbria.ac.uk/englishqualifications

We hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any more questions.

Best Wishes,

Natalie- UG Student Room Rep
Northumbria University
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
12.77%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (89)
27.05%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
18.24%
I'm finding things difficult (111)
33.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
8.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed