UCAT 640 & band 3 A*AA achieved, reapplying to medicine,King's or Anglia Ruskin?

Watch
Fatima Tahir11
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I sat my UCAT on the 23/10 and got an okayish score of 2560 (640 avg.) which falls in the 59th percentile and a Band 3. I was getting such high marks in the practice tests going from 750-850 but mid-test the computer at the centre went blank and my anxiety and OCD was triggered.
UCAT and person responded to me 21 days later (today- a day before the deadline) saying no action is to be taken.
I'm hoping to do better in the BMAt as I am applying to Imperial (my all-time dream university), Barts and St. George's but for my last choice, I don't know whether to go for Anglia Ruskin or King's College London with my current UCAT scores.
I am reapplying this year by the way, so I am currently studying Biomedical Sciences at St. George's which was my 5th choice last year.
I got A* AA for my a-levels and 98888888876 and a B+ for further maths certificate for my GCSEs. So I meet the academic requirements.
I have tonnes of work experience aswell and a great personal statement.
I have heard from a few people that 640 is a good score for this year.
Just don't know what it should be: King's or Anglia Ruskin?
potatoslices
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think you’re below the UCAT cut off for SGUL last year so I wouldn’t apply there if I was u

Have a look at this attachment:
Attached files
Fatima Tahir11
Rep:
(Original post by potatoslices)
I think you’re below the UCAT cut off for SGUL last year so I wouldn’t apply there if I was u

but doesnt it say on their website that you just need over 500 in each subtest (which I have) and they don't pay much attention on SJT anyways?
Fatima Tahir11
Rep:

Plus I mean those deciles are from last year, this year the average is apparently quite low.
Fatima Tahir11
Rep:

also, do you have an excel sheet similar to the one you've attached above but for BMAT unis? I was off by 0.1 from an interview last year!! I got 10.8 instead of 10.9.......
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fatima Tahir11)
So I sat my UCAT on the 23/10 and got an okayish score of 2560 (640 avg.) which falls in the 59th percentile and a Band 3. I was getting such high marks in the practice tests going from 750-850 but mid-test the computer at the centre went blank and my anxiety and OCD was triggered.
UCAT and person responded to me 21 days later (today- a day before the deadline) saying no action is to be taken.
I'm hoping to do better in the BMAt as I am applying to Imperial (my all-time dream university), Barts and St. George's but for my last choice, I don't know whether to go for Anglia Ruskin or King's College London with my current UCAT scores.
I am reapplying this year by the way, so I am currently studying Biomedical Sciences at St. George's which was my 5th choice last year.
I got A* AA for my a-levels and 98888888876 and a B+ for further maths certificate for my GCSEs. So I meet the academic requirements.
I have tonnes of work experience aswell and a great personal statement.
I have heard from a few people that 640 is a good score for this year.
Just don't know what it should be: King's or Anglia Ruskin?
There is a specific thread made for these questions.

Read the first post, and then post all your stats to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578
potatoslices
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
also, do you have an excel sheet similar to the one you've attached above but for BMAT unis? I was off by 0.1 from an interview last year!! I got 10.8 instead of 10.9.......
Nope only found a ucat one sorry
potatoslices
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
but doesnt it say on their website that you just need over 500 in each subtest (which I have) and they don't pay much attention on SJT anyways?
Yep that’s true, but their minimum accepted UCAT score is different to their UCAT cut-off score. They will automatically reject ppl who get less than 500 in a subtest. Those who get above 500 will be ranked based on their UCAT score and the top x amount of people will be selected for interview. Last year the cut-off score for this ranking system was 2620 for Home applicants (this was for non contextual… I’m not sure if it was the same for contextual). Tbh I don’t think the cut-off score for SGUL will decrease, but even if it does i rlly don’t think it would decrease by 60. You defo have safer options so if I were u I would avoid sgul
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.79%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.1%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.29%
Finding the motivation (43)
30.07%
Getting distracted (20)
13.99%
Procrastination (53)
37.06%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.7%

Watched Threads