EthanA45
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
@PeterhouseAdmissions I saw a previous reply from you for applicants from last year on the same topic, but I just want to ensure the answer remains the same for this year. As no modular exams were sat in Wales in 2021 should we leave the entire Qualitifactions section of the SAQ blank (The same as if we had taken linear AS/A levels). We don't know what is happening this year so may or may not be sitting modular exams for A level. Thanks
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'd put a note in somewhere explaining that you didn't take modular exams as normal (although Cambridge will certainly be aware of this), but you should be filling out the SAQ the same as last year.
hairyflump
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm also confused by this. The SAQ has conflicting advice as it says 'If you have not taken/are not taking any modular AS/A Levels (including Cambridge International AS/A Levels where you are provided with a Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM)), please ignore this question.' but then also says '
If you are taking, or have taken, modular AS/A Levels you must complete the table below with details of the subjects you have taken or are taking'. So I am unsure on whether to complete the qualifications section. Peterhouse Admissions
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hairyflump)
I'm also confused by this. The SAQ has conflicting advice as it says 'If you have not taken/are not taking any modular AS/A Levels (including Cambridge International AS/A Levels where you are provided with a Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM)), please ignore this question.' but then also says '
If you are taking, or have taken, modular AS/A Levels you must complete the table below with details of the subjects you have taken or are taking'. So I am unsure on whether to complete the qualifications section. Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there! If you haven't taken modular A Levels, then you don't need to fill it in. I know Wales would normally be modular, but as you've not done that this year, and you haven't taken exams where you could have been awarded UMS marks, then you don't need to complete it.
hairyflump
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
Hi there! If you haven't taken modular A Levels, then you don't need to fill it in. I know Wales would normally be modular, but as you've not done that this year, and you haven't taken exams where you could have been awarded UMS marks, then you don't need to complete it.
Thanks for your reply. I am also doing the full Further maths A-level under WJEC this year so would I need to add that to the qualifications section as it should all be modular
hairyflump
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply. I am also doing the full Further maths A-level under WJEC this year so would I need to add that to the qualifications section as it should all be modular
Also, would it be possible to only fill in the units to be completed section and leave the units completed section blank?
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, add that if you're expecting it to be modular
Also, would it be possible to only fill in the units to be completed section and leave the units completed section blank?
I think that should be fine
hairyflump
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Peterhouse Admissions
Would this be an acceptable example for the Qualifications section?(Obviously with the unit codes filled in) Or should I remove the units from the units completed section if I took them last year with no UMS?
Attached files
Last edited by hairyflump; 1 month ago
hairyflump
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Or would you advise to simply ignore question 6?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (38)
9.62%
Okay (115)
29.11%
A bit lacking (150)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
23.29%

Watched Threads