Should I expect e-mails for receipt of application from all 5 unis?

Watch
RohanHowl
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello!

I applied through UCAS yesterday and got mails from Oxford, QMUL and KCL that they have received my application. City and LSE are yet to send me an e-mail tho. Should I expect mails from them as well? Does it matter if they don't? Thanks!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You could be waiting a week or so for these emais - and some Unis dont send them.
Dont worry - if you have had at least one acknowledgement then all your Unis have now recieved your application.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They're just a courtesy really. So long as hub/track shows them as submitted you are fine. (Getting a couple of emails is a nice confirmation of this though.)
Dera101
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m like you both LSE and city have not sent a reply and I was worried
RohanHowl
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
You could be waiting a week or so for these emais - and some Unis dont send them.
Dont worry - if you have had at least one acknowledgement then all your Unis have now recieved your application.
(Original post by Admit-One)
They're just a courtesy really. So long as hub/track shows them as submitted you are fine. (Getting a couple of emails is a nice confirmation of this though.)
Thanks! Gotcha.

(Original post by Dera101)
I’m like you both LSE and city have not sent a reply and I was worried
Ah, guess they might send it later or maybe they won't. What subject have you applied to?
LaW2022
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RohanHowl)
Hello!

I applied through UCAS yesterday and got mails from Oxford, QMUL and KCL that they have received my application. City and LSE are yet to send me an e-mail tho. Should I expect mails from them as well? Does it matter if they don't? Thanks!
Sometimes there's a long delay. I submitted my application on Sept 7th and didn't get a confirmation from Warwick until Oct 4th. Some universities don't send it, I know Bham doesn't so perhaps that's the case with LSE. Besides that the stuff on this thread is pretty spot on.

Cheers
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Its also worth checking your spam/junk.
Dera101
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve applied to data science at both! What have you applied for?
Dera101
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RohanHowl)
Ah, guess they might send it later or maybe they won't. What subject have you applied to?
Oh LSE sent me a confirmation email just yesterday and I’ve read somewhere they try to let you know if their decisions 8 weeks after the confirmation email.
Asme173
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I submitted it I got emails straight away from Cambridge and Bath, Durham then emailed a day later. Been waiting just over 5 days now for LSE and Exeter, but I wouldn't worry if you don't get any because it seems that some unis don't send them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.89%
Okay (105)
29.66%
A bit lacking (129)
36.44%
Not good at all (85)
24.01%

Watched Threads