Olimpia07
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I m a Social Work mature student, I passed first year, then in the second year I had the 70 days placement which I passed. I was then 6 months pregnant. Due to this and childbirth, I applied for mitigating circumstances for all of the assignments. I haven't submitted these.

I was told this month that I have to repeat the second year. Even if my baby is only 2 months old. Obviously,I had to ask Student Finance for an extra year due to CPR. My University failed to notify me earlier of this, and they said if I don't get the CPR assessed by the 25.10.2021, I have to pay 50% of the tuition fee or take a study break.

I pre enroled for year 3, as they sent me e-mail to do that. My question is...is the University in the wrong for notifying me so late I have to repeat year 2? Because if they would have told me earlier, the CPR would have been assessed and approved.

There are no policies regarding maternity and students. They simply made me take a study break or pay 5000 asap. Is this correct?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Olimpia07)
So I m a Social Work mature student, I passed first year, then in the second year I had the 70 days placement which I passed. I was then 6 months pregnant. Due to this and childbirth, I applied for mitigating circumstances for all of the assignments. I haven't submitted these.

I was told this month that I have to repeat the second year. Even if my baby is only 2 months old. Obviously,I had to ask Student Finance for an extra year due to CPR. My University failed to notify me earlier of this, and they said if I don't get the CPR assessed by the 25.10.2021, I have to pay 50% of the tuition fee or take a study break.

I pre enroled for year 3, as they sent me e-mail to do that. My question is...is the University in the wrong for notifying me so late I have to repeat year 2? Because if they would have told me earlier, the CPR would have been assessed and approved.

There are no policies regarding maternity and students. They simply made me take a study break or pay 5000 asap. Is this correct?
Hi, if you do not think the university handled this well and would like to dispute their deadlines then I advise you to go through their complaints process so they can investigate this internally.

We have no say on the university guidelines or policy as we are only the loan provider so I don't think it would be beneficial to give my own opinion on what the university should or should not have done.

Thanks, Isaac
Olimpia07
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your reply.
The question here is this: If the University sent me pre-enrollment for year 3, and I was paid my first maintenance loan and grant, but then I was told I have to repeat year 2, what does this mean?

I have applied for CPR to repeat year 2. When this is approved hopefully, will I be entitled for the 60 days extra funding, even if I was paid the first installment for year 3? I hope this makes sense. And also, if the University sends change in circumstances and I have sent CPR evidence, when will those 60 days extra funding will be paid?

Many thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Olimpia07)
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your reply.
The question here is this: If the University sent me pre-enrollment for year 3, and I was paid my first maintenance loan and grant, but then I was told I have to repeat year 2, what does this mean?

I have applied for CPR to repeat year 2. When this is approved hopefully, will I be entitled for the 60 days extra funding, even if I was paid the first installment for year 3? I hope this makes sense. And also, if the University sends change in circumstances and I have sent CPR evidence, when will those 60 days extra funding will be paid?

Many thanks.
If the University sent me pre-enrollment for year 3, and I was paid my first maintenance loan and grant, but then I was told I have to repeat year 2, what does this mean?

To me, this means they are asking you to repeat year 2. I'd advise you to discuss this with the university if you are unsure what it means.

I have applied for CPR to repeat year 2. When this is approved hopefully, will I be entitled for the 60 days extra funding, even if I was paid the first installment for year 3? I hope this makes sens

60 days extra funding isn't for CPR. 60 days extra funding is if you suspend your studies for health reasons. You can read more about this here ttp://ow.ly/d/8pcX

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.75%
Okay (118)
29.5%
A bit lacking (151)
37.75%
Not good at all (92)
23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed