The Student Room Group

What a levels should i do?

I want to have a career in law but universities don't really say what alevels you should have. Colleges and sixth forms also don't have a law a level near me. I was originally hoping to do psychology, sociology, and politics. What should I do?
Whatever you can get AAA in. Most unis don't have set requirements for law. You don't need to do an A Level in law to get into an llb program.
Reply 2
Original post by Gmaster1980
Whatever you can get AAA in. Most unis don't have set requirements for law. You don't need to do an A Level in law to get into an llb program.

thanks
Original post by Edougan12
I want to have a career in law but universities don't really say what alevels you should have. Colleges and sixth forms also don't have a law a level near me. I was originally hoping to do psychology, sociology, and politics. What should I do?

Hi @Edougan12

A stated above most universities do not have specific A Level requirements only A-Level grade requirements. I would recommend if possible going to college open days or taster days and trying different courses to see what you like. Psychology, sociology, and politics are all relevant in some way to Law so could be good options for you to study if you enjoy them. I would also recommend having a look at the university websites you are interested in and the grade requirements or if it is one of the rare universities that require certain A-Levels but most don't.

It is not a problem that you don't have a college nearby that offers Law as you will learn everything you need to know for the LLB at university. Some universities will provide classes where you learn the basics of studying law for example, how to read the law properly, how to reference etc.

Hope this helped, please let me know if you have any further questions.
Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending