ziggy_1999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've applied to QMUL and Manchester for safety, but I'm getting cold feet regarding QMUL the more I think about living in such an expensive city, in case I don't get into my preferred London unis

As an international applicant, the conversion to pounds really hurts. So I'm trying to figure if QMUL is worth the expense, or if I should switch to Bristol
Laurence00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ziggy_1999)
I've applied to QMUL and Manchester for safety, but I'm getting cold feet regarding QMUL the more I think about living in such an expensive city, in case I don't get into my preferred London unis

As an international applicant, the conversion to pounds really hurts. So I'm trying to figure if QMUL is worth the expense, or if I should switch to Bristol
Bristol is better than queen Mary anyway
ziggy_1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurence00)
Bristol is better than queen Mary anyway
Really? I just judged by QS world ranks and then looked at courses. But I'm increasingly feeling like I shouldn't go to QMUL

Maybe I'll just switch to Bristol after attending a university fair that's due this weekend
Laurence00
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? I just judged by QS world ranks and then looked at courses. But I'm increasingly feeling like I shouldn't go to QMUL

Maybe I'll just switch to Bristol after attending a university fair that's due this weekend
Bristol is 62nd (QS 2022) and QMUL is 117th (QS 2022)
ziggy_1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurence00)
Bristol is 62nd (QS 2022) and QMUL is 117th (QS 2022)
When I checked for law specifically a few months ago, QMUL was 7 and Bristol wasn't even in the top 10 (although it is 10 this year) so I went with that
Laurence00
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I checked for law specifically a few months ago, QMUL was 7 and Bristol wasn't even in the top 10 (although it is 10 this year) so I went with that
This year bristol is number 9 (up 10) and QMUL is 10 (up 17) from the complete university guide. But idk about other tables. But honestly I wouldn’t really trust league tables because they fluctuate so much and definitely aren’t representative of employability. For example in this years rankings they’ve ranked Nottingham 23rd for law when Nottingham law graduates are in the top 10 most targeted
Last edited by Laurence00; 1 week ago
Laurence00
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/wh...versities-2019
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (248)
57.27%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.39%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.85%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.55%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.39%

Watched Threads