riffy.sh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
how can i start online tutoring? ive signed up to “tutorhunt” but im not getting any students. i really want to start tutoring but i’ve no clue how to get started or how to find willing pupils. i’m trying to teach either english, maths or art
Advertisement
riffy.sh
Rep:
?
Oh my god I was supposed to say “online tutoring help” HAHAHAHA so ironic seeing as i’m tutoring english… i swear im better than this. it’s just cause i’m tired asf rn on my phone but yeah ALLOW MEEE
sabana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe charge lower rates and you'll get more work...I was getting loads of work when I charged around £15-£20 an hr.

I can't be asked with tutoring anymore so I've set my rates really high.
Last edited by sabana; 1 week ago
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by riffy.sh)
Oh my god I was supposed to say “online tutoring help” HAHAHAHA so ironic seeing as i’m tutoring english… i swear im better than this. it’s just cause i’m tired asf rn on my phone but yeah ALLOW MEEE
UKTUTORS is where I look, but they take a cut. Your parents friends will have a friend who need tuition, get them to send your rates and what you offer and why you would be a good tutor to a group chat and do it cash in hand
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how can i start online tutoring? ive signed up to “tutorhunt” but im not getting any students. i really want to start tutoring but i’ve no clue how to get started or how to find willing pupils. i’m trying to teach either english, maths or art
My friend signed up with some international website and she got a lot of students because they want British tutors apparently
Advertisement
riffy.sh
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
My friend signed up with some international website and she got a lot of students because they want British tutors apparently
Do you happen to know which site?
(Original post by sabana)
Maybe charge lower rates and you'll get more work...I was getting loads of work when I charged around £15-£20 an hr.

I can't be asked with tutoring anymore so I've set my rates really high.
My rates are like £12-15 😭
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
there is also tutordoctor and superprof but some take cuts
Advertisement
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you happen to know which site?

My rates are like £12-15 😭
Idk
sabana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Idk
Try signing up to another site too....I used first tutors.

Also if you have tutoring experience really sell it well, like how you helped a student perform well in the past.
Advertisement
riffy.sh
Rep:
?
(Original post by sabana)
Try signing up to another site too....I used first tutors.

Also if you have tutoring experience really sell it well, like how you helped a student perform well in the past.
I just signed up on there. There are some students on the 'marketplace' section but I do not know how to contact them..?
Joe312
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tutoring is really hard to get into these days, on most of the sites - tutorhunt, tutorful, firsttutors, you are going to appear far down the search rankings when you start out and can only climb by successfully getting new students so it's just hard. Especially for online tutoring.

You need to sign up to literally every website and agency you can possibly find!

I tutor full time now and charge a lot but it's a real grind to get to that position.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed