riffy.sh
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ive got a job interview with tesco tomorrow. ive never been employed before or been to an interview so.. any tips? i’m very nervous.
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by riffy.sh)
ive got a job interview with tesco tomorrow. ive never been employed before or been to an interview so.. any tips? i’m very nervous.
Well done so far in getting to a instore interview.

You will have a chat with the manager about any previous experience ( don't matter as not required as training will be given as easy to do ).
They will go through what you put in your application form etc.
You'll be asked why you want to work with tesco, what days etc will you be able to work, you may be asked if you can do some stuff on shop floor as part of interview but again may not.

Try not to be nervous ok.
Be smartly dressed for your interview.
Arrive about 10 - 15 minutes early and goto customers service desk if one and ask the staff member to inform the manager you here for a interview at xxxx time ok, should last about half hour to hour.

I'm a t/leader & stand in supervisor with tesco.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What to expect
A chat about previous experience
Discussion about your application form
Reasons why you want to work there
Skills and qualities
Career history
riffy.sh
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Well done so far in getting to a instore interview.

You will have a chat with the manager about any previous experience ( don't matter as not required as training will be given as easy to do ).
They will go through what you put in your application form etc.
You'll be asked why you want to work with tesco, what days etc will you be able to work, you may be asked if you can do some stuff on shop floor as part of interview but again may not.

Try not to be nervous ok.
Be smartly dressed for your interview.
Arrive about 10 - 15 minutes early and goto customers service desk if one and ask the staff member to inform the manager you here for a interview at xxxx time ok, should last about half hour to hour.

I'm a t/leader & stand in supervisor with tesco.
Hey! I’d just like to mention that I got the job. Thank you so much for your advice, it genuinely really helped!
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’d just like to mention that I got the job. Thank you so much for your advice, it genuinely really helped!
Hi
Congratulations on getting the job with tesco as I'm pleased for you OK... Welcome to the tesco family and I hope you'll thoroughly enjoy working with them.
I'm delighted you thought my advice was helpful.

Keep me posted on how you doing there once you start ok x 😃 🍸
Audrieee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m wondering did you have to have any previous work experience? I’m thinking of applying to them but I don’t have any work experience.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Audrieee)
I’m wondering did you have to have any previous work experience? I’m thinking of applying to them but I don’t have any work experience.
Hi

You don't necessary need any previous experience in retailing ok as if you get job then all training will be provided to you.
riffy.sh
Rep:
(Original post by Audrieee)
I’ve never had proper work experience, Tesco’s is my first job but I have had volunteering & internship experiences which I mentioned a lot
riffy.sh
Rep:
Hi
Congratulations on getting the job with tesco as I'm pleased for you OK... Welcome to the tesco family and I hope you'll thoroughly enjoy working with them.
I'm delighted you thought my advice was helpful.

Keep me posted on how you doing there once you start ok x 😃 🍸
Thank you so much, I’m really excited to start working for them. I’ll keep in touch! <3
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much, I’m really excited to start working for them. I’ll keep in touch! <3
You are welcome as it will be excitement leading up to you starting because you will want to get stuck into the job x

Have you been given a start date yet...!!

Look forward in your updates.......😃
riffy.sh
Rep:
You are welcome as it will be excitement leading up to you starting because you will want to get stuck into the job x

Have you been given a start date yet...!!

Look forward in your updates.......😃
Yes!!

I have an induction day on 30th October, then I start working on Thursdays & Saturdays
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes!!

I have an induction day on 30th October, then I start working on Thursdays & Saturdays
That's a very promising YES from you.

Good you got your induction date sorted out as it's straight forward this anyway as you'll be doing any necessary paperwork requiring filling out ( bank details, proof of working in UK, uniform ordering etc ) , then health & safety videos, about tesco and maybe get opportunity to do sometime on shop floor prior to your starting official date.

Thursday and Saturdays are generally two busy days of the week plus a Friday & Sunday. ( mostly get busier in the afternoons towards evenings ).
riffy.sh
Rep:
That's a very promising YES from you.

Good you got your induction date sorted out as it's straight forward this anyway as you'll be doing any necessary paperwork requiring filling out ( bank details, proof of working in UK, uniform ordering etc ) , then health & safety videos, about tesco and maybe get opportunity to do sometime on shop floor prior to your starting official date.

Thursday and Saturdays are generally two busy days of the week plus a Friday & Sunday. ( mostly get busier in the afternoons towards evenings ).
Are the induction days paid ? 🙃
hiiiiiiiiiiii2
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how much is the hourly pay?
riffy.sh
Rep:
(Original post by hiiiiiiiiiiii2)
£8.91 to start with
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hiiiiiiiiiiii2)
It start at £8.91 per hour for first 12 weeks then it goes upto £9.55p per hour after this if you are still employed as depend on your contract being permanent then you'll get this rate.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are the induction days paid ? 🙃
It should be paid as you'll get it on next avaible paydate with your pay,
October 15th
November 12th ***** may be on this ok but of not check with manager.
December 10th
riffy.sh
Rep:
It should be paid as you'll get it on next avaible paydate with your pay,
October 15th
November 12th ***** may be on this ok but of not check with manager.
December 10th
Oh okay! Wonderful thank you
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay! Wonderful thank you
No worries ok, enjoy job xx
riffy.sh
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
No worries ok, enjoy job xx
Hey, do you know if the breaks are paid?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads