Improve a level chemistry grades FAST?

Watch
strangledleaf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 hours ago
My year 13 mocks are coming up in about 2 weeks and I’m still struggling tremendously with chemistry. I still find AS concepts difficult and I’m really overwhelmed with all the content I need to cover, but I need to get a C, aiming for a B, in these chemistry exams. Is there anyway to improve my grades and use my time wisely over the next 2 weeks (including half term)? I’m also overwhelmed with how on earth to revise in the first place, and how to plan out my work. Any advice would be appreciated.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
what are your usual methods?
fluff.floof
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
i'm year 13 too, pulled my chemistry grade up from a c/d in mid year 12 to an a by the end! what i did was made flashcards summarising all the content, learned those as best i could, and then did all the past papers available (i think it was 2016-2019 and also a specimen and a practice paper for both paper 1 and 2 for my exam board)

probably the first third of practice papers i did i didn't see any progress, then i got the hang of exam technique which is really important for getting marks because you can understand all the content and still not do great for that reason.

hope this helps! also for context i made the flashcards over the space of a few weeks and then did about 10-12 past papers in the crazy weekend before my year 12 exam haha

good luck
Last edited by fluff.floof; 7 hours ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads