I dont think my friends like me

Watch
Sohello
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I dont feel like my friends like me, I had these three really close friends. Lets call them Anna, Milly, and Alisha. Me and Alisha were bestfriends and anna and milly were bestfriends, but we were all really close friends. But last year we fell out with alisha and now barely talk to her and I was talking to anna about how before it used to be like me and alisha and her and milly but now its just me and then them two, but she thought it had been her and alisha and me and milly which is weird bc alisha and me would sometimes talk about it and alisha would say it was me and her aswell. Anyways, Anna reassured me that it wasn’t like that anymore and it was just the three of us and that I shouldn’t feel left out and etc. but I feel like theyve started leaving me out even more this past week. When im alone with them then theyre fine, but when we’re all together they sort of ignore me. For instance today at lunch milly was showing anna an email the college sent her and I was trying to see aswell but they kept on talking between each other. I was also telling them about my history grade and they gave proper dead responses and then I told them about something alisha did in period 1 and it just seemed like they didnt care about anything I talked about. After lunch we were going to lesson obviously and our school has put this thing up for year 11s which they update weekly ,and it has our names either in red amber or green depending on how much revision we’ve done on thsi app and I was checking mine and anna and milly didnt even wait for me, we weren’t in the same lesson but I would still wait for them. They dont wait for me at the end of the day either or before break theyre outside each other’s rooms not mine.idk if im overanalysing stuff or what but what do you guys think, feel free to ask anything
Sohello
Rep:
?
Oh yeh and when we disagree about something them two side with each other whereas my opinion is disagreed with the most
Smile135
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Sohello)
Oh yeh and when we disagree about something them two side with each other whereas my opinion is disagreed with the most
I feel really bad for you. You sound like a genuine and great person. Your friends seem like terrible friends and seem to be having something against you. In all fairness, I believe they should talk to you if they have a problem with you or feel that you have done something wrong. It is not your fault and you should not blame yourself, stay strong and work hard this year. My advice is that you ask to speak to all of your friends and ask them if you have said anything horrible or did anything to hurt them and tell them how you feel (like talk about them not waiting for you) and how you want to keep being friends with them. If you don't mind me asking, why did you fall out with Alisha? Try to also talk to new people in your year but stick with your current friends because that might make them think you are well-liked and want to talk to you, but also understand that you are not leaving them. I think at this age some people might act this way because everyone is thinking about exams and grades, homework, popularity, looks, friends, insecurities. In year 11 I also had a hard time so you are not alone. Again after you've talked with them remember to work hard and focus on yourself because at the end of the day you might not see them after secondary school or after university and will make much better friendships. Whatever you do as well don't talk behind someone's back because that might come back at you and if someone tells you something about someone just stay quiet and don't say anything about that person. I hope this helps
Sohello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smile135)
I feel really bad for you. You sound like a genuine and great person. Your friends seem like terrible friends and seem to be having something against you. In all fairness, I believe they should talk to you if they have a problem with you or feel that you have done something wrong. It is not your fault and you should not blame yourself, stay strong and work hard this year. My advice is that you ask to speak to all of your friends and ask them if you have said anything horrible or did anything to hurt them and tell them how you feel (like talk about them not waiting for you) and how you want to keep being friends with them. If you don't mind me asking, why did you fall out with Alisha? Try to also talk to new people in your year but stick with your current friends because that might make them think you are well-liked and want to talk to you, but also understand that you are not leaving them. I think at this age some people might act this way because everyone is thinking about exams and grades, homework, popularity, looks, friends, insecurities. In year 11 I also had a hard time so you are not alone. Again after you've talked with them remember to work hard and focus on yourself because at the end of the day you might not see them after secondary school or after university and will make much better friendships. Whatever you do as well don't talk behind someone's back because that might come back at you and if someone tells you something about someone just stay quiet and don't say anything about that person. I hope this helps
Okay this is really helpful especially the last bit, thank you. And I do talk to a lot of other ppl in our yeargroup but theyve got “ beef” with each other so I don’t get close to them bc I dont wanna be involved. And we fell out with Alisha at the start of year ten bc she acted differently infront of the boys and different infront of us, and would often put us down for them, but we talked to her about it and she said she didnt realise and we sorted it out. But then towards the end of year 10 , she became close to these two other girls and one of them got somebody from another school to have a go at me, nothing was said to milly or anna, only me, and later on the three of them ( alisha and the two girls she got close with) had a massive go at me when I was alone , and anna and milly were like wth but didn’t do anything and still talked to alisha, but then I told my ex bestfriend who im still really close with and she had a massive go at alisha, and btw alisha stayed quiet all throughout this, and before all this had happened she tried confronting me on her own but I straight up told her what I thought of her and she went quiet. And then after my ex bestfriend told them to basically piss off they went and told the teachers. After that anna and milly stopped talking to her. At the start of year 11 tho alisha texted us all apologising and I’m the only one who talks to her normally and they get mad at me so I try to give alisha dead replies and yeh im scared if i try to talk to them they’ll just deny it and think im getting angry and nothing will acc get solved
Smile135
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Sohello)
Okay this is really helpful especially the last bit, thank you. And I do talk to a lot of other ppl in our yeargroup but theyve got “ beef” with each other so I don’t get close to them bc I dont wanna be involved. And we fell out with Alisha at the start of year ten bc she acted differently infront of the boys and different infront of us, and would often put us down for them, but we talked to her about it and she said she didnt realise and we sorted it out. But then towards the end of year 10 , she became close to these two other girls and one of them got somebody from another school to have a go at me, nothing was said to milly or anna, only me, and later on the three of them ( alisha and the two girls she got close with) had a massive go at me when I was alone , and anna and milly were like wth but didn’t do anything and still talked to alisha, but then I told my ex bestfriend who im still really close with and she had a massive go at alisha, and btw alisha stayed quiet all throughout this, and before all this had happened she tried confronting me on her own but I straight up told her what I thought of her and she went quiet. And then after my ex bestfriend told them to basically piss off they went and told the teachers. After that anna and milly stopped talking to her. At the start of year 11 tho alisha texted us all apologising and I’m the only one who talks to her normally and they get mad at me so I try to give alisha dead replies and yeh im scared if i try to talk to them they’ll just deny it and think im getting angry and nothing will acc get solved
I'm happy to help! It is better to try and talk to them rather than not do anything and have this continue. When you talk to them tell them you are really happy to be friends with them and how you feel but don't get angry at them or blame them. I'm glad you have other people to also talk to so remember to talk to everyone so if anything bad happens you won't be alone!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Ah i miss school days where these sorts of problems were considered the worst thing to happen. Then came bills, work, tests, kids and so on so forth.
Long and the short of it being, its a childish spat over nothing which will pass in due course so just ignore it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads