Rohan007best
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Can someone explain to me the grades you would need to do a foundation year in medicine and once you done the foundation year do you get straight into medicine? whats the difference between this and getting straight into medicine?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Rohan007best)
Can someone explain to me the grades you would need to do a foundation year in medicine and once you done the foundation year do you get straight into medicine? whats the difference between this and getting straight into medicine?
Well before we start: not everyone can apply to Medicine with a Foundation Year courses. These are not open access courses for everyone with lower grades than AAA.

Are you sure you meet the widening participation criteria?

If you do meet the guidelines for them, then as long as you pass the Year 0 you will move to Year 1 of a Medicine course (for the vast majority of these courses). Note that Medicine with a Foundation Year courses are usually more competitive (in terms of raw numbers) than standard undergrad medicine courses.
Last edited by ecolier; 4 days ago
Rohan007best
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
r

(Original post by ecolier)
Well before we start: not everyone can apply to Medicine with a Foundation Year courses.

Are you sure you meet the widening participation criteria?
where can i find the criteria?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Rohan007best)
r

where can i find the criteria?
They are all different - it's for underprivileged students e.g. those living in a poorer postcode area, went to state school, received free meals, parents didn't go to university etc.

You would have to go to each university's website to find out.

But, with your grades (BCD?) you wouldn't meet the grades for these courses anyway. They usually require at least BBB / BBC or higher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (11)
10.28%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.54%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.67%

Watched Threads