how to go vegan?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
exactly what it says in the title my family are omnivores, meaning they eat plants and meat. however I wish to vegetarian and eventually vegan but don't know where to start e.g. what meals I could have etc. any help is appreciated!
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't eat meat?
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need protein which you can get from the likes of lentils and pulses especially (that's the easiest example I can think of)
Beans as well
Chickpeas are great

Idk there's literally thousands of ig pages and sores out there with vegan chefs op
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't go full vegan immediately, start as a vegetarian and then slowly replace things like diary product etc from your meals
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Start to go dairy & egg free, finding out your preferred vegan substitutes and learning how to homecook.
For milk, butter, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, yoghurt and your favourite cakes.
Learn how to make a few simple vegan snacks and lunches.

Then gradually switch to reducing your red meat consumption, finding your favourite red meat meat substitutes.
Followed by seeing if you are able to give up poultry & fish and remain healthy on a vegan diet.
Remember that not everyone can be vegan and a vegan diet may not be possible for those with some pre-existing health problems or serious allergies.
If you start to feel ill or show a few visible signs of illness- you may have to consider being a pescarian, vegetarian, eating some meat or following a flexitarian diet.
Above all, put your health first and don't feel obligated to become a vegetarian or vegan if doing so has a serious adverse impacts upon your quality of life.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.88%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.1%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (60)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.35%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.71%

Watched Threads