Teeth grinding

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anybody know how to try and deal with this/stop it?
Aside from ruining my teeth im tired of getting punched in the middle of the night by my partner because of it :lol:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been doing it for years. I don't think there's a way to stop it because you're asleep and unable to make a conscious decision to stop. It's worth getting a night guard to protect your teeth and if you go for a softer one it helps avoid TMJ pain too.

I got my night guard from Amazon for $120 custom made. My dentist wanted $400 :eek:
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is due to stress , all you can do is try and have a regular bedtime and establish a healthy sleep routine
I put lavender oil on my pillow which helps me a little bit of you want a cheap solution (not really a solution but it makes symptoms manageable)
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can go to your dentist to have a “night guard” made to protect your teeth (and some “deprogramme” your brain and can stop the habit) - there are several types so they discuss which one is best for you.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I've been doing it for years. I don't think there's a way to stop it because you're asleep and unable to make a conscious decision to stop. It's worth getting a night guard to protect your teeth and if you go for a softer one it helps avoid TMJ pain too.

I got my night guard from Amazon for $120 custom made. My dentist wanted $400 :eek:
Oh that sounds handy! I dont suppose you have a link to this cheap one do you? My dentist quoted $700 and i was like not a hope in hell so having to use a rugby gum shield at present, less than ideal it has to be said :lol:
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Anybody know how to try and deal with this/stop it?
Aside from ruining my teeth im tired of getting punched in the middle of the night by my partner because of it :lol:
it's definitely stress. i remember when i was going through a crazy stressful time in my life, my jaw would just ache in the morning.
you have two options basically, a nightguard like the others suggested, or medication. Sedatives/muscle relaxing drugs like benzos can also help with that
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Oh that sounds handy! I dont suppose you have a link to this cheap one do you? My dentist quoted $700 and i was like not a hope in hell so having to use a rugby gum shield at present, less than ideal it has to be said :lol:
It was JS dental lab. I found them through Amazon but for some reason it's not listed there rn.

A couple weeks ago I bought a new one. My last was from 2017 and kinda gross. But they last a long time they are not cheap ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.88%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.1%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (60)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.35%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.71%

Watched Threads