The Student Room Group

me and my boyfriend can’t handle being in a relationship

So me and my boyfriend can’t handle being in a relationship. What I mean by can’t handle I mean we can’t handle the immaturity of our petty arguments on text ( as these arguments are more on text then they are in person ) but I as an individual myself, I can’t deal with the relationships it’s self when we do argue bc I start to pull away. we do love each other so much and are each other’s biggest supporters. I deal with a little bit of anxiety and over think a lot.

We both said we need to start being more mature together etc. Im getting a Job soon so me being not on phone as much should help and he already has a job so it helps if we don’t text all day.

Any advice on how to be more mature together if we want to be together and stop these petty arguments?

Thanks x
It’s good to work together, but also to have your space for jobs etc and your own personal space. I found myself arguing a lot about petty things with my boyfriend from not doing a lot during the day and having no time for myself. So it’s good your starting work soon and having that time for yourself which might make things a bit better. you’ll mature as you go along.
Reply 2
Original post by abbyygold0
It’s good to work together, but also to have your space for jobs etc and your own personal space. I found myself arguing a lot about petty things with my boyfriend from not doing a lot during the day and having no time for myself. So it’s good your starting work soon and having that time for yourself which might make things a bit better. you’ll mature as you go along.

Thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest